Was trying to figure what's missing as I watch the games this year | Syracusefan.com

Was trying to figure what's missing as I watch the games this year

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
and what's missing from last year is my perpetual almost unconscious angst over the dual dramas from a year ago. And holy how nice it is to sit there and just enjoy basketball again. Just fretting over the old time usual concerns about performance, whos and hows, zones and mans.

I know the team is crazy good and things are going well, but I really think being back to the "routine" is the biggest reason for my enjoyment this year. SOOOOO nice to be back to normal.

also missing about 5,000 fans in the stands. embarrassingly empty lately. team gets better, attendance gets worse.

and what's missing from last year is my perpetual almost unconscious angst over the dual dramas from last year. And holy how nice it is to sit there and just enjoy basketball again. Just fretting over the old time usual things about performance, whos and hows, zones and mans.

I know the team is crazy good and things are going well, but I really think being back to the "routine" is the biggest reason for my enjoyment this year. SOOOOO nice to be back to normal.

I'm sure Yahoo Sports and ESPN are in a room now thinking up to bring to the table so their world can be right again.

also missing about 5,000 fans in the stands. embarrassingly empty lately. team gets better, attendance gets worse.
that starts to change this saturday.

I'm sure Yahoo Sports and ESPN are in a room now thinking up to bring to the table so their world can be right again.
take a deep breath, center, and a step back...put yahoo, ESPN, etc. out of your mind and...

ENJOY! :)

Luv ya Marsh!

Yeah, what's up with that? I hope the media gets the drum roll going for people to attend Boeheim's 900th win.

Yeah, what's up with that? I hope the media gets the drum roll going for people to attend Boeheim's 900th win.

Will the students be in town for that game on the 17th? I hope so.

and what's missing from last year is my perpetual almost unconscious angst over the dual dramas from a year ago. And holy how nice it is to sit there and just enjoy basketball again. Just fretting over the old time usual concerns about performance, whos and hows, zones and mans.

Don't jinx it!

"Announced" crowd was 20,000 and change last night. Definitely wasn't close to that though.

It's bad. The announced numbers are higher than those for similar games last year; don't know how that can be. Under 15,000 for the past couple.

that starts to change this saturday.
First quality schedule time/date... I hope so. First Friday/Saturday night game when the students are actually here? If not 25k+ with at least 20k being legit, I'll be disappointed.

It's bad. The announced numbers are higher than those for similar games last year; don't know how that can be. Under 15,000 for the past couple.

Yeah, both of the last two claimed to be over 20,000 ... but I would put my lifes savings on the reality being closer to 10,000 than 20,000. When half the blue seats are empty, it's shameful.

First quality schedule time/date... I hope so.

Yeah, both of the last two claimed to be over 20,000 ... but I would put my lifes savings on the reality being closer to 10,000 than 20,000. When half the blue seats are empty, it's shameful.

Just checked last year's numbers; aside from the very bad home opener this year, the past few are only running 1,000 behind last year's comparable games. Might change tomorrow night, though - we got over 23,000 for George Washington on that Saturday night (Kentucky and Ohio State lost that afternoon and we were playing to move to #1).

Don't know why there are so many empties, but it's striking. Last night was the first time I've noticed any actual noise; best student turnout so far.

Just checked last year's numbers; aside from the very bad home opener this year, the past few are only running 1,000 behind last year's comparable games. Might change tomorrow night, though - we got over 23,000 for George Washington on that Saturday night (Kentucky and Ohio State lost that afternoon and we were playing to move to #1).

Don't know why there are so many empties, but it's striking. Last night was the first time I've noticed any actual noise; best student turnout so far.

Got distracted by dates; didn't realize how many more games we'd played before this date last season. Through five games, attendance is only down 35 people per game. However, our fifth game in 2011-2012 was played in November. We still had three games with students, including the Florida game; two of those drew over 23,000 and three more games played during break drew at least that many.

We only have one game left with the students this calendar year; Monmouth is no Florida. Crowds could take a dive in the next couple weeks. The upside: the student package includes one more spring semester game this season than last. Could provide a boost. (Not scheduling rush activities during a big Saturday afternoon basketball game could also provide a boost.)

Will have to step it up big-time in order to challenge Kentucky. Drawing 27,000 for the Big East schedule won't make up the gap; going to need decent non-student crowds during this race to 903.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom