Washington played Ok | Syracusefan.com

Washington played Ok

upperdeck

Living Legend
in fact he played better than what Gino did his last few chances.. He didnt look over whelmed, took some nice shots and was decent in the zone.. hopefully we play well enough he can get some real minutes soon.

He's now off the bench and on the developmental track. Hope he gets some more opportunities to contribute.

any stat monkeys have the +/- for his court time ?

His biggest priblem is that the 2 top scorers are the starters and unless 2 others step up as offensive players he'll see little time. The team is to offensively challanged to have him on the floor for extended minutes. Not a knock on him, just the way it is.

His biggest priblem is that the 2 top scorers are the starters and unless 2 others step up as offensive players he'll see little time. The team is to offensively challanged to have him on the floor for extended minutes. Not a knock on him, just the way it is.
We'll need him from time to time, but I hope Frank and Tyus keep him on the bench because we need them (especially Frank) to score from the outside more reliably. Almost all of our players except TB lack big game experience. Some are knew to college ball altogether. Brissett has yet to find his shot, although he knocked down a couple tonight that looked smooth. MM hasn't found his shot. FH is scoring but only at the 1st and 2d levels. And MD hasn't found his shot yet. On top of all that development, both our centers are finding themselves. Despite being in the program for a while and playing at Providence for a year, Chukwu's only 7 games ahead of Sidibe in Orange. Most good teams improve as the season goes on. But with all our inexperienced players this team is nowhere near its ceiling.

we may still see the 3 guard line up at times of we play undersized teams, but battle needs to be close to 100% to do that.

The game and talent was just way too much for him at this point in his career. Tough spot for a young kid to have to step in after not playing for a few games. The geno loss is going to hurt, just hoping Washington can be serviceable come acc time, we will definitely need him

I was happy he was confident enough to shoot, he had no problem bringing the ball up against decent full court pressure, he didn’t look lost in the zone and in fact showed some pretty good instincts on D. Now he needs to work on getting the team into sets and doing something productive with the ball on offense.

Geno would have been a threat to score. Washington is not. We are 4 on 5 with him out there. Kansas ignored him without the ball. Not saying it can't change.

Rough offensive team if Battle or Frank need a breather. Sometimes you just need someone the D has to respect.

Geno would have been a threat to score. Washington is not. We are 4 on 5 with him out there. Kansas ignored him without the ball. Not saying it can't change.

Rough offensive team if Battle or Frank need a breather.

Not sure how much Geno could’ve done against Kansas. Frank was ok but he mostly was limited to dribbling sideways up by the 3pt line.

Not sure how much Geno could’ve done against Kansas. Frank was ok but he mostly was limited to dribbling sideways up by the 3pt line.

Don't think Geno makes a difference against Kansas. Just a general observation going forward. Teams may not be compelled to guard Washington.

Kansas strategy was to let Frank try to beat them in first half. They shut off Battle and Brisset. He went 1-5 with 2 turnovers before sitting with fouls.

Last edited:
Thought he looked good from what I saw of him in the first half...would rather him get some "on the job training" this year then ride the pine....

I thought Washington looked pretty good as well. This is good.

Yeah, I thought he looked composed, and he didn't do anything tremendously stupid. At this point being serviceable is good enough for me - and he looked serviceable. Certainly not out of control, or mistake prone.

He got to the rim a bit, but a lot of pounding the ball in the first half. That being said, I didn't see much opening up either on the wings. I was surprised Battle wasn't more aggressive in coming out for the ball. Hell, walk over and take it if need be. Plus, I don't remember when he had the fouls...so he may have been more tentative to drive as a result. Who knows. Overall, agree though.

He got to the rim a bit, but a lot of pounding the ball in the first half. That being said, I didn't see much opening up either on the wings. I was surprised Battle wasn't more aggressive in coming out for the ball. Hell, walk over and take it if need be. Plus, I don't remember when he had the fouls...so he may have been more tentative to drive as a result. Who knows. Overall, agree though.

Right. Gotta play better offense. Not sure if it’s just in the cards against better teams. I don’t care what people say. Just because Brissett shoots 8 threes and some are “good looks” does not compute to good offense. That is just settling and not moving a defense much. This team shouldn’t shoot 27 threes. Hell, good 3-point shooting teams don’t need 27 attempts. Tyus forced lots of bad threes also. A lot of these looks are not good and not good offense.

He looks good for a frosh. Like his upside.

Right. Gotta play better offense. Not sure if it’s just in the cards against better teams. I don’t care what people say. Just because Brissett shoots 8 threes and some are “good looks” does not compute to good offense. That is just settling and not moving a defense much. This team shouldn’t shoot 27 threes. Hell, good 3-point shooting teams don’t need 27 attempts. Tyus forced lots of bad threes also. A lot of these looks are not good and not good offense.
I saw a different game. I thought most,if not all, of those 3s were good looks. NEWSFLASH: good offense is simply making shots. You can't give up taking open looks when people are playing off you. You have to take them..make them...or be a bad offensive team. Otherwise you hold the possession too long and take a hurried lower % shot.

I saw a different game. I thought most,if not all, of those 3s were good looks. NEWSFLASH: good offense is simply making shots. You can't give up taking open looks when people are playing off you. You have to take them..make them...or be a bad offensive team. Otherwise you hold the possession too long and take a hurried lower % shot.

I saw a different game obviously. We’ll have to just agree to disagree. This team should not be shooting that many 3s nor should Brissett and co. be shooting 3s from a few feet behind the line. Really deep ones. Regardless, one pass and a launch is not good offense especially if the ball never moves inside the 3pt line:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom