1 - **

Lavon Coleman
DEDaeshon Hall
DTElijah Qualls
OLBCaleb Tucker
OTPoasi Moala
WRDemorea Stringfellow
DTAndrew Basham

They were a program in just as bad a place as SU a few years back. They got a coach who could recruit and now they are IMO well ahead of us. You can't win in college without talent. Nice to see SU starting to bring in some more promising prospects like Zach Allen.

They were a program in just as bad a place as SU a few years back. They got a coach who could recruit and now they are IMO well ahead of us. You can't win in college without talent. Nice to see SU starting to bring in some more promising prospects like Zach Allen.
They haven't won anything yet.

Sounds like Tosh is worth every penny. As a casual Cal fan I'm bummed out.

They haven't won anything yet.

They nearly beat one of the most high octane offenses in the country who happen to have a Heisman winning dual threat quarterback in Robert Griffin during this past Alamo Bowl. We wouldn't have stood a chance. They also managed to get to that bowl game while playing in a conference that was significantly harder then the Big East was this past season that we couldn't manage to win more then ONE game in. They beat us in the Dome 42-12 in 2007, we went there and lost 41-20 in 2010. They may not be winning championships, but they sure as hell know how to win against us and win more then us.

They nearly beat one of the most high octane offenses in the country who happen to have a Heisman winning dual threat quarterback in Robert Griffin during this past Alamo Bowl. We wouldn't have stood a chance.

Why not? SU made WVU look pretty bad, and WVU was a pretty dynamic offensive team. "Nearly" beating someone good is not as difficult at trouncing someone good.

It was clear WVU spent the week leading up to the game doing everything but preparing to face any sort of competition from SU. Holgerson was starting to think his stuff didn't stink. It was an anomaly of a game IMO, and I know i'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm a season ticket holder and as big a SU football fan as anyone here, but i'm trying to be realistic. Had WVU prepared for our matchup the way i'm sure they did for LSU then I really do feel the score would have been flipped. SU had numerous games to prove my opinion about that game wrong and failed miserably, losing its last 5 games in a row against beatable teams when a bowl birth was on the line.

Of course it was an anomaly. Sports is filled with them. I'm just saying that "almost" beating a good offensive team doesn't mean much. Even we were able to actually destroy one.

All very true. In the end, all i'm really trying to say is that Washington has made incredible progression and I hope SU has a similar growth spurt as well.

They nearly beat one of the most high octane offenses in the country who happen to have a Heisman winning dual threat quarterback in Robert Griffin during this past Alamo Bowl. We wouldn't have stood a chance. They also managed to get to that bowl game while playing in a conference that was significantly harder then the Big East was this past season that we couldn't manage to win more then ONE game in. They beat us in the Dome 42-12 in 2007, we went there and lost 41-20 in 2010. They may not be winning championships, but they sure as hell know how to win against us and win more then us.
Couldn't agree more, but don't dare to say anymore with s0 many rose colored...I mean orange colored glasses some of our fans like to wear around here. Washington is a great example we can compare our self too, only difference is they play in a much tuffer conference than we do, have been to two straight bowls and played teams like Nebraska and Baylor, both of which we would have struggled mightily against in my humble opinion. Kudos to a program that has risen from the bowls to a contender, albeit it is still a long road. I do agree they have to put more wins up there, and the pressure will build when you are bringing in top 25 recruiting classes (currently top 15), but I think they are on the right track. Here's to a hot July for Coach M....off the filed, on the field, and on the phone in recruiting. This is a big month coming up.

Their staff deserves a lot of credit, but to say that they were in the same place we were isn't really true. We were (are) in the Big East and they are in the Pac12. It's a whole different ball game trying to revive a program in the BE than it is in the PAC. It's like stairs (SU) vs an escalator (UW).

Their staff deserves a lot of credit, but to say that they were in the same place we were isn't really true. We were (are) in the Big East and they are in the Pac12. It's a whole different ball game trying to revive a program in the BE than it is in the PAC. It's like stairs (SU) vs an escalator (UW).
No body is in the same place, every university has its own issues and uniquness to overcome its own challenges. Syracuse NY is not Seattle Washington. Its a good "likeness" is all. Both coaches started the same time, have similar records, but that is where things are very different. Maybe that changes when we get to teh ACC. We can only hope it stays together and FSU and Clemson don't bolt, cause here we go again.

Would like to see DM come in with a huge class this year, silence his critics in this area, me for one, so he can focus on the upcoming year, which all of us agree is going to be tuff one. Unlike others, I believe we can be a recruiting power house again, that being top 35 or better year in and year out.

It was clear WVU spent the week leading up to the game doing everything but preparing to face any sort of competition from SU. Holgerson was starting to think his stuff didn't stink. It was an anomaly of a game IMO, and I know i'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm a season ticket holder and as big a SU football fan as anyone here, but i'm trying to be realistic. Had WVU prepared for our matchup the way i'm sure they did for LSU then I really do feel the score would have been flipped. SU had numerous games to prove my opinion about that game wrong and failed miserably, losing its last 5 games in a row against beatable teams when a bowl birth was on the line.
I hear what you are saying but that 3-3-5 or whatever he calls it allowed us to do things we couldn't against the rest of the league that played more aggression D. We simply matched up better, which is usually the case with big upsets. It sure was fun to watch!

Would like to see DM come in with a huge class this year, silence his critics in this area, me for one, so he can focus on the upcoming year, which all of us agree is going to be tuff one. Unlike others, I believe we can be a recruiting power house again, that being top 35 or better year in and year out.
This is going to be a very small class. That will lead to it not being highly ranked by the services. Just letting you know now so we don't need to hear the rant later.

This is going to be a very small class. That will lead to it not being highly ranked by the services. Just letting you know now so we don't need to hear the rant later.
I promise not to rant! I know it is going to be a small class, and looks like we are also getting quite a few potential transfers too, that could make it smaller I would asume. Quality over quantity is a good thing, no? Are we talking a class in the mid-teens?

just give me highly quality players and ill be happy. quantity is for depth (ill give the benefit of the doubt for the 1st few years because we needed depth). at this point we have the depth taken care of.

now we need GREAT players. we don't have any on our roster right now. Zach Allen is still unknown if he will be great. 1 7 on 7 doesnt make him.

Doesn't mean he doesnt have the opportunity to become great, but he is wait and see.

just give me highly quality players and ill be happy. quantity is for depth (ill give the benefit of the doubt for the 1st few years because we needed depth). at this point we have the depth taken care of.

now we need GREAT players. we don't have any on our roster right now. Zach Allen is still unknown if he will be great. 1 7 on 7 doesnt make him.

Doesn't mean he doesnt have the opportunity to become great, but he is wait and see.
By far the best surprise yet. Hope he does well in SoCal later this month. Does need to bulk up a bit for the next level, but he has sparked some top people in the game that saw something in him. Kudos on DM's team for pulling him in so early, and the kid seems totally committed to be here which is cool. He has the potential to be a four year starter here.

I hear what you are saying but that 3-3-5 or whatever he calls it allowed us to do things we couldn't against the rest of the league that played more aggression D. We simply matched up better, which is usually the case with big upsets. It sure was fun to watch!

you could also point out that we actually WV pretty good during our down period. only 2 wins but played well enough to win about 4 of the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom