Watch Out...? | Syracusefan.com

Watch Out...?

CanadianSU

Living Legend
Moving away from the ND nonsense, I am all for playing an FCS team in week 1 but here may be some worrisome information worth passing along...

Week 1: Eastern Washington 49 - 46 Oregon State
Week 1: North Dakota State 24 - 21 Kansas State
Week 1: Mcneese State 53 - 21 South Florida
Week 1: Northern Iowa 28 - 21 Iowa State
Week 1: Eastern Illinois 40 - 19 SD State
Week 1: Towson 33 - 18 Uconn (lul)
Week 1: Southern Utah 21 - 20 South Alabama

There are also numerous FCS upsets throughout the year (Georgia Southern > Florida), Shafe better have these boys ready to go. GO ORANGE. Less than 2 weeks.

So far, Syracuse is none of those teams and HCSS did not lead any of those teams. HCSS and Co. will have the team ready. Go Orange!

Under Marrone we had trouble in these games, I think it was because he lacked
Motivation. Shafer certainly does not lack this. He will have the boys ready.

Villanova only lost by ten to BC in their opener last year.

we have a bye week after this game, the team will be ready to go. 38-17 orange

I think 38-17 is about right. Is that 5 touchdowns, 5 Xpoints, and 1 field goal or is it 6 td's and 4 missed Xpoints?

Florange44

48-10 SU. As mentioned above, we struggled against FCS teams under DM but Hardnosed HCSS will slam the players like he slammed down that ALS Ice Bucket if they aren't ready to go

I think 38-17 is about right. Is that 5 touchdowns, 5 Xpoints, and 1 field goal or is it 6 td's and 4 missed Xpoints?

Florange44

4 touchdowns 2 field goals and 2 hardnosed safties

31-7......at halftime. I say we win 58-10 and Shafer makes a statement out of the gate with the fast paced offense that we will see this season.

I'd much rather play an FCS team than a P5 team in Week 1. They are installing alot of new stuff on offense, are starting a new center and several new guys on D. It's good to get their feet wet before jumping into a bigger game.

Syracuse 45
Nova 21

CanadianSU said:
Why isn't "roll orange" a thing?

Cause it's "roll blue".

I'd much rather play an FCS team than a P5 team in Week 1. They are installing alot of new stuff on offense, are starting a new center and several new guys on D. It's good to get their feet wet before jumping into a bigger game.

Syracuse 45
Nova 21

No way they score 21 against our defense. Unless the 2's are in by the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom