Watch this. You won't regret it.. | Syracusefan.com

Watch this. You won't regret it..

it's a shame they stink at basketball....but they are very good performance actors.

The looks on the Team USA faces are priceless. I can't get enough of the deadpan confused stares.

Seriously. That was great! They are stunned and like W-T-F?!

The chant essentially means:

We come from way down under
and we really suck at hoops
Our only chance to phase you
is by making faces and loud whoops!
This aerobic schtick we're doin'
is our only practice drill
if "good" was same as "crazy"
you know our looks would kill
We hope you all enjoy this
and find it not a bore
cuz once the bloomin' game starts
yer gonna run us off the floor!

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure they do that for most sporting events.

i can't believe no one on USA laughed or even smiled. And then EVEN COUSINS clapped when they were done.

EVEN DEMARCUS COUSINS - i mean think about that, a guy who is considered to be as immature as possible was courteous of their tradition.

Coach K really knows how to coach men.

Why do I feel like the US should respond to that in some matter?

i thought the same thing while watching. but like i said in my post above, it is clear that K told them exactly how to respond.

i'm pretty sure they do that for most sporting events.
At all events involving their national teams. And, it can be very intimidating in sports such as rugby, where the All Blacks have been world championship contenders for decades.

At all events involving their national teams. And, it can be very intimidating in sports such as rugby, where the All Blacks have been world championship contenders for decades.

Right, if you think this is cool, watch the All Blacks do it. I was in NZ last year and saw some legit Maori people do this. It was intimidating no doubt. I can't imagine some European explorer back in the day being greeted with that (which I think they were).

There like WWE wrestlers... They can perform, put on a show, get a crowd going. But suck at sports.

Right, if you think this is cool, watch the All Blacks do it. I was in NZ last year and saw some legit Maori people do this. It was intimidating no doubt. I can't imagine some European explorer back in the day being greeted with that (which I think they were).
And rather than appreciate it and seek to culturally engage, the Euros likely respond with a volley of musket fire or whatever relatively advanced weaponry they possessed at the time :)

The NZ team obviously isn't familiar with the expression "if you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk".

I think it's cool. It's their culture, they probably knew they were going to get smashed by the USA B-Team but that should be the intrigue of these global tournaments, to see and experience other's customs, traditions and cultures.

Faried was like "what...the...ffffffff"

I do think it's cool when they do it in Rugby. I know Hawaii tried to do it in college football. The WAC said "no more"

Last edited:
I'm pretty disappointed. I kept waiting for Brett and Jermaine to pop up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom