Watching the McD AA Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching the McD AA Game

For comparison's sake, we're looking at probably five 4 star guys next season and the rest being 3 stars.

Edit: Also, we used to get majority 4 star recruits. That hasn't happened since 2016 though.

Prior to 2016, this is a list of all of our 3 star recruits dating back to 2003:

Buss Patterson
Chino Obokoh
Baye Moussa Keita
Sean Williams
Kris Ongenaet
Devin Brennan-McBride
Arinze Onuaku

Since 2016, most of our recruits are 3 stars. It's just not a winning formula for us. From 2003-2016, we brought in seven 3 star recruits. Since 2016, we've brought in 14.
Pretty stark list...only a couple of those guys could play at a high P5 level.

I agree Cuse needs mostly 4 stars and a couple high 3 star kids and a few 5 star kids on the roster. Cuse needs to win with experience since shuffling in 4-5 elite Freshmen isn't an option for Syracuse.

Serious question, and I'm not just singling you out 181- but what exactly does this mean, or matter, to the bigger picture?
I see folks post about "bags" and "getting paid under the table" and I'm like...AND?
The NIL is literally a license to pay these kids, so funneling funds to a prospect is not the stigma that it once was...if it ever was. It's outdated thinking, IMO, to still believe that schools are NOT paying prospects. And to suggest that Duke is somehow shamed by paying their recruits is so... beside-the-point. They're getting guys, and getting away with it, while good old Syracuse maintains the moral high-ground and continues to rot.
Seriously, we'd better stop farting around and get in the game or we're in for a lot of years like this one- wistfully looking at the McDonald's AA game and lamenting how we were once "contenders". (end rant)
I’m not using the dollar signs to disparage Duke, it’s a funny jab at a rival who clearly knows what kids want. I know NIL is a driving factor in top prospects decisions and I know that syracuse is behind in that department, not because of the coaches dropping the ball but because they have no boosters who are willing to cough up similar dough. It just shows a difference in support for the program, we want winners but it doesn’t seem like the boosters are willing to put up the cash needed to become one again. I’m not blaming anyone because it’s their money and they should spend as they see fit, but that appears to be the reality.

For comparison's sake, we're looking at probably five 4 star guys next season and the rest being 3 stars.

Edit: Also, we used to get majority 4 star recruits. That hasn't happened since 2016 though.

Prior to 2016, this is a list of all of our 3 star recruits dating back to 2003:

Buss Patterson
Chino Obokoh
Baye Moussa Keita
Sean Williams
Kris Ongenaet
Devin Brennan-McBride
Arinze Onuaku

Since 2016, most of our recruits are 3 stars. It's just not a winning formula for us. From 2003-2016, we brought in seven 3 star recruits. Since 2016, we've brought in 14.
Shows just how important Hop was.

Buss Patterson
Chino Obokoh
Baye Moussa Keita
Sean Williams
Kris Ongenaet
Devin Brennan-McBride
Arinze Onuaku

Top of my head, but weren’t Triche and Southerland 3 Stars? No problem with 3 stars as long as they pan out!

Top of my head, but weren’t Triche and Southerland 3 Stars? No problem with 3 stars as long as they pan out!
Triche was 4 stars. I think you’re right about Southerland but I don’t actually see him listed at all on 247.

Triche only fell down the rankings because he tore his ACL and missed an entire AAU season. Georgetown and UConn wanted him and he committed right before he was suppose to visit there.

Rivals still has his page up and he was a 3 star.
It's really odd that he's just not on 247 at all. I wonder if there's anyone else missing that I just didn't notice as I was quickly jumping from class to class.

It's really odd that he's just not on 247 at all. I wonder if there's anyone else missing that I just didn't notice as I was quickly jumping from class to class.
I know he was a post grad. 13 years ago it was a lot easier for guys to fly underneath the radar. He also committed in April of 2007. I believe originally he was in the 2008 class and I believe we asked him to reclass. Can't say I am certain about that though.

ESPN has his page up and it looks like Florida, Seton Hall, Rutgers, and UVA were all interested. It would be nice to straight up beat schools for kids again.

the games were always unwatchable. all offense no D. but at least it was fun to future orangeman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom