Way OT | Syracusefan.com

Way OT

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
I know this should go on the Entertainment board, but there's more traffic here. Plus it's not a "discussion" topic.

Wife has 2 tickets to Yanni for sale. She can't go now. Date is Sunday August 10th at 7pm at the Landmark.

Section is Orchestra Left Center Row S.

Tickets were $80 each. You can have both for $100.

Women love Yanni. Make your wife/GF happy.

Email me at rrlbees@aol.com or use the conversation method here.

Oh man bees I would never admit that my wife was going to see yanni. Oh Lord
Kim Yung Bees isn't letting her go. Now he's simply trying to recoup the $$ that she secretly spent on the tickets.

rrlbees said:
I know this should go on the Entertainment board, but there's more traffic here. Plus it's not a "discussion" topic. Wife has 2 tickets to Yanni for sale. She can't go now. Date is Sunday August 10th at 7pm at the Landmark. Section is Orchestra Left Center Row S. Tickets were $80 each. You can have both for $100. Women love Yanni. Make your wife/GF happy. Email me at rrlbees@aol.com or use the conversation method here.

If Zamfir and his pan flute are the opening act, I'll take 'em.

imagelarge.php

Last edited:
To say that "women love Yanni" is a massive overstatement. My wife has great taste in music and wouldn't go to a Yanni concert under any circumstances.

A quick Yanni story: my wife and I were in Roman Colosseum about 5 years go. We had a very hip, cool tour guide. One of the middle aged women in our tour party excitedly said, "Ooh, I think Yanni performed here!" Our tour guide, Mauro, did not share in her enthusiam, and looked at her like..."Yanni. who gives a crap?" I chimed in and said , "Yanni? Wow, that guy is awful. They let him perform in this place?" (or something as equally obnoxious) Mauro, goes..."I'm with Vincenzo... rock and roll, rock and roll. Yanni...nottaso much" and most of the younger, cooler poeple in our group had a laugh.

Moral of the story is: Yanni sucks. Good luck selling those tickets.

Last edited:
Gotta defend my friend bees here, I'm sure Yanni is better than a lot of the crap you all have in your iPods.

Yanni isn't beiber or myly Cyrus or any of that other crap you kids listen too, it's adult music that obviously isn't Zeppelin, but is not as bad you all say.

Live music is awesome, and I'd imagine one would walk out there quite happy.

I'm impressed bees spent more on tix for a 2.5 hour 1 night show than most of you squirrels are willing to spend on Syracuse football season tickets.

KaiserUEO said:
Gotta defend my friend bees here, I'm sure Yanni is better than a lot of the crap you all have in your iPods. Yanni isn't beiber or myly Cyrus or any of that other crap you kids listen too, it's adult music that obviously isn't Zeppelin, but is not as bad you all say. Live music is awesome, and I'd imagine one would walk out there quite happy. I'm impressed bees spent more on tix for a 2.5 hour 1 night show than most of you squirrels are willing to spend on Syracuse football season tickets.
Ya mo b there

KaiserUEO said:
Gotta defend my friend bees here, I'm sure Yanni is better than a lot of the crap you all have in your iPods. Yanni isn't beiber or myly Cyrus or any of that other crap you kids listen too, it's adult music that obviously isn't Zeppelin, but is not as bad you all say. Live music is awesome, and I'd imagine one would walk out there quite happy. I'm impressed bees spent more on tix for a 2.5 hour 1 night show than most of you squirrels are willing to spend on Syracuse football season tickets.
don't get all "holier than thou" on us... Yanni is terrible. You literally couldn't pay me to go. That said, if it were Pink Floyd, I'd be willing to pay face if not double.

don't get all "holier than thou" on us... Yanni is terrible. You literally couldn't pay me to go. That said, if it were Pink Floyd, I'd be willing to pay face if not double.
i bought 'Live at the Acropolis' about 20 years ago when i thought it would help me get into this 1 girl's pants, it worked...havnt listened to it since. but i cant really hate on it because of that.

Floyd is the best, ive seen them in all their post glory carnations...Waters solo, Waters & Mason, Gilmour & Wright...and of course as "Pink Floyd" when it was Gilmour, Mason & Wright.

Wright fascinates me...so quiet, yet his contributions so huge. the arugument over 'which ones Pink' always was between Roger & Dave and him not even in the picture.

and later, when you have 2 guys, 2 very important guys...out on the road doing their old bands songs and ticket bill just says Gilmour...and yet here he is prominently featured on stage and singing more than half the songs...crazy.

very humble guy.

i was told back in the day that he was actually offered by Roger to join him and Nick and on that 'Dark Side' tour that he did. damn, that wouldve been something.

Live 8 was great.

new Pink Floyd album out this fall, guess its heavy on Wright's songs from the Division Bell era.

Last edited:
Gotta defend my friend bees here, I'm sure Yanni is better than a lot of the crap you all have in your iPods.

Yanni isn't beiber or myly Cyrus or any of that other crap you kids listen too, it's adult music that obviously isn't Zeppelin, but is not as bad you all say.

Live music is awesome, and I'd imagine one would walk out there quite happy.

I'm impressed bees spent more on tix for a 2.5 hour 1 night show than most of you squirrels are willing to spend on Syracuse football season tickets.
Challenge excepted ill take a screen shot of my music library and post it

Yanni just spent about 30mins on Boomer & Carton.

got to admit, he killed it.

may bust out that Acropolis album this weekend.

Bees!

Did Your Wife Also Purchase Tix For The Barry Manilow Show?

Or Perhaps Cher?

OrangePA said:
Bees! Did Your Wife Also Purchase Tix For The Barry Manilow Show? Or Perhaps Cher?

No. But she loves Josh Groban.