Way-too-early college basketball rankings for 2018-19 | Syracusefan.com

Way-too-early college basketball rankings for 2018-19

Pretty lazy attempt at ranking teams. There's no way Duke is the number 2 team in the country. They are probably at best the 3rd best team in the ACC. It's all based on recruiting rankings.

Pretty lazy attempt at ranking teams. There's no way Duke is the number 2 team in the country. They are probably at best the 3rd best team in the ACC. It's all based on recruiting rankings.

when you have the top 3 recruits in the country, that isn't too unreasonable, however. that being said, they have underachieved the past couple of years so should be interesting

The Sporting News take. Would have been interesting to see if we had been ranked with Darius but doesn't really matter now.

Kansas, Duke top way-too-early college basketball rankings for 2018-19

When is the last time an SU team was highly thought of entering a season? Going on 5 years now? I know there was a fair amount of hype surrounding the 2011-12 season but has that been it? This stuff matters because national perception is probably closer to how high school kids view the program.

when you have the top 3 recruits in the country, that isn't too unreasonable, however. that being said, they have underachieved the past couple of years so should be interesting

These guys aren't Bagley and Carter. Nowhere near as talented and they have no size or outside shooting. They also have no experience. UNC brings back Maye and Kenny Williams along with two talented kids they signed. UVA will have everyone back outside of Hall and Williams. I think history has proven they won't finish first or 2nd the past couple years. UNC and UVA are the top 2 teams in the conference and I don't think it's close.

When is the last time an SU team was highly thought of entering a season? Going on 5 years now? I know there was a fair amount of hype prior to the 2011-12 season but has that been it?

14-15 we were top 25 then CMac got hurt. 13-14 we were top 15.

12-13 we were top 10 and made the FF.

14-15 we were top 25 then CMac got hurt. 13-14 we were top 15.

12-13 we were top 10 and made the FF.
We were preseason top 10 in 12-13? If that's the case, talk about a roller-coaster season. Start pretty strong non-conference, beat #1 on the road, offense tanks (surprise!) down the stretch culminating with 39 points in dome finale to Hoyas, then rebound for the FF.

We were preseason top 10 in 12-13? If that's the case, talk about a roller-coaster season. Start pretty strong non-conference, beat #1 on the road, offense tanks (surprise!) down the stretch culminating with 39 points in dome finale to Hoyas, then rebound for the FF.

I believe that in late January, we were ranked #2 before losing to Villanova, then pitt the following game.

I just checked our ranking. Started 9th/ We got as high as 3rd. Low as 19th. We were ranked every week. That game with 39 points was not at home.

If that's the case, talk about a roller-coaster season.

Fans were strangely panicky that year in like February. We never dropped out of the AP Top 20 the entire season.

Fans were strangely panicky that year in like February. We never dropped out of the AP Top 20 the entire season.
Well coming off a 34-3 season what turned out to be a #4 seed probably felt like the sky is falling. If we get a 4 seed in 18-19 people will start a gofundme for zombie boeheim as HCIW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom