Wayne Morgan article on Grantland | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Morgan article on Grantland

Must be crazy for some of the highly recruited kids. No wonder some end up thinking they are the biggest things around.

I'm no journalist but not exactly sure why an F-bomb was necessary in that article.

Must be crazy for some of the highly recruited kids. No wonder some end up thinking they are the biggest things around.

I'm no journalist but not exactly sure why an F-bomb was necessary in that article.

Eh, Grantland can be one of the more irreverant sports sites out there. I've got no problem with it, cuz they have some interesting articles.

agree, sticks out like a sore thumb in that kind of article. makes you think more about that word than the article as a whole.

Wow! I never even noticed it. It must have made conversational sense to me when I was reading it the first time it didn't impact me. Hard to argue with the statement on its own merits though.:)

It's there because it can be. That's the only reason.
Exactly. Have you noticed that Simmons slips swears in whenever possible in all of his columns now?

I'm not against foul language in articles. I mean hell, I don't think any of my articles for Cracked have fewer than 5-10 swears, but I prefer it only when it's necessary for emphasis or to pack a little punch to a joke.

"fell asleep on the couch of their Brownsville apartment while listening to a recruiter from Connecticut"

:rolling: