Wayne Tinkle is marking his territory out West... | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Tinkle is marking his territory out West...

Good for Stevie but very interesting.

th

I know that Oregon St is D1 vs Cal State - LA, a D2 school, but is being an assistant at Oregon St really that better a job than a head coach at Cal St-LA? He was the last assistant named. Maybe it's a combo deal for Stevie Thompson Jr? By the way his son is ranked anywhere from 56 to 70 for 2015 and has a UConn offer. Very good player.

Last edited:
I know that Oregon St is D1 vs Cal State - LA, a D2 school, but is being an assistant at Oregon St really that better a job than a head coach at Cal St-LA? He was the last assistant named. Maybe it's a combo deal for Stevie Thompson Jr? By the way his son is ranked anywhere from 56 to 70 for 2015 and has a UConn offer. Very good player.

Yes. He probably will see a significant salary increase and if he can prove himself as a good D1 recruiter, he'll get a better HC opportunity.

I'm still disappointed that we can't make room for Junior in next year's class.

Most coaches aren't given the chance to leap from D2 head coach to D1 head coach so if he wants to coach with the big boys this is the move he has to make.