Wayne Williams | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Williams

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
“The main thing about our NYC athletes is that we get caught up with the brighter lights that are away from us. The [Syracuse] players that we have now – Wayne Morgan, Brandon Reddish, Davon Walls, Ivan Foy 0 we’re going to go out there and were going to show them why New York players should stay in our own house. So, shout out to Ebo for choosing Clemson, my fellow brother Ishaq Williams for choosing Notre Dame, but we’re going to give NYC and New York State something to talk about.”

How can you not love this kid and what he represents for our fball program. I can't fault Ebo or Ishaq's decision by any means, but I can laud Wayne for his. He is coming to Syracuse for the reason we hoped, to represent and build NY's team. I am not sure how the 2013 class turns out, but having Wayne as a anchor in NYC is just fantastic. Go CUSE.

“The main thing about our NYC athletes is that we get caught up with the brighter lights that are away from us. The [Syracuse] players that we have now – Wayne Morgan, Brandon Reddish, Davon Walls, Ivan Foy 0 we’re going to go out there and were going to show them why New York players should stay in our own house. So, shout out to Ebo for choosing Clemson, my fellow brother Ishaq Williams for choosing Notre Dame, but we’re going to give NYC and New York State something to talk about.”

How can you not love this kid and what he represents for our fball program. I can't fault Ebo or Ishaq's decision by any means, but I can laud Wayne for his. He is coming to Syracuse for the reason we hoped, to represent and build NY's team. I am not sure how the 2013 class turns out, but having Wayne as a anchor in NYC is just fantastic. Go CUSE.

That about an honest statement you can get,good for him.He'll make someone proud someday,if not today

Great read. He will become a fan favorite with that attitude. Another reason I think we need someone to continue to build the NYC pipeline.

I have to believe that the return of his position coach has helped keep him here as well but it does seem he really wants to wear orange and play in NY...you got to love that. I'd really hate to lose this kid and hopefully he stays orange because we can always use a big guy that can penetrate like I think he'll be able to along with stuffing the line.

I have to believe that the return of his position coach has helped keep him here as well but it does seem he really wants to wear orange and play in NY...you got to love that. I'd really hate to lose this kid and hopefully he stays orange because we can always use a big guy that can penetrate like I think he'll be able to along with stuffing the line.
Wayne Williams isn't going anywhere and I don't understand all the hand wringing. His quotes have been extremely encouraging throughout this transition.

Wayne Williams isn't going anywhere and I don't understand all the hand wringing. His quotes have been extremely encouraging throughout this transition.

I never deal in absolutes regarding recruits until the paper on Feb 6th in signed and received. I remember losing that DT to Missouri in the eleventh hour all too well.

Reaction to ZA's quotes, right up to the moment he enrolled at TCU (or wherever he decided to go).

Reaction to ZA's quotes, right up to the moment he enrolled at TCU (or wherever he decided to go).
ZA lost his position coach/coordinator/recruiter and he was actually quoted as being concerned once Hack left. WW, on the other hand, has never wavered. The SU roster is full of NYC kids that he wants to play with. Odds are he stays committed.
I never deal in absolutes regarding recruits until the paper on Feb 6th in signed and received. I remember losing that DT to Missouri in the eleventh hour all too well.
I understand and completely agree in regard to absolutes. So...I'll rephrase my opine.

I believe there is less than a 5% chance that WW decides to go somewhere else. Unlike Zach Allen, he didn't lose any of his coaches during the staff transition. Like you, I would be very disappointed if he changed his mind. The kid is a beast.

ZA lost his position coach/coordinator/recruiter and he was actually quoted as being concerned once Hack left. WW, on the other hand, has never wavered. The SU roster is full of NYC kids that he wants to play with. Odds are he stays committed.

I understand and completely agree in regard to absolutes. So...I'll rephrase my opine.

I believe there is less than a 5% chance that WW decides to go somewhere else. Unlike Zach Allen, he didn't lose any of his coaches during the staff transition. Like you, I would be very disappointed if he changed his mind. The kid is a beast.
I wonder if he has any sway with Edwards/Laray?

I wonder if he has any sway with Edwards/Laray?
With all the NYC kids on the roster I'm sure they're being worked over pretty hard. I really hope we can land at least on of them.

this kid has huge potential. plus having 3 years to play is even better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom