We are alarmingly dependent on jumpers | Syracusefan.com

We are alarmingly dependent on jumpers

OrangeFoo

All American
I fear for our offense on nights when we are not hitting our jumpers because that is our entire offense right now. We are going to see two things from other teams all year, running the click down to 10 secs or less and a lot of zones. The answer to both of these strategies is being very efficient on offense when we have the ball and I don think our jump shooters have the patience to be efficient against good teams. I foresee a lot of games like we played against Stanford, the Jokies, Marquette last year, etc...

We are better on the outside than lat year but far worse on the inside. Color me worried.

I dont think teams will want to zone us. We have alot of shooters. Against M2M we are freakishly athletic but go one on one too much so I think we might have some grind em outs, but overall im not too worried. Our defense is way better than last year.

We played against a zone with shorter/slower players... and we were hitting... wouldn't look too much into it. The fact that JS was hot meant less playing time for Fair who would normally be getting inside garbage and dump off passes. Meanwhile we saw a continuation of Rakeem's surprisingly smooth interior game, and by the end of the year the ball will be going through Fab on a high number of possessions. Again, wouldn't get too concerned.

im actually more concerned with our offense against man to man. only one guy on this team has shown the ability to win the one on one battles and that is the mercurial waiters.

im actually more concerned with our offense against man to man. only one guy on this team has shown the ability to win the one on one battles and that is the mercurial waiters.

Yep...our bigs are the freakishly athletic ones but raw. Somebody has to get in the lane and get it to them.

I thought the 2nd team, in the second half did a much better job getting the ball inside. I believe it was MCW, Waiters, Dirty, Xmas and Keita. They were really able to extend the lead and turn it into a laugher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom