We Don't Know How to Have Fun Any More...(OT) | Syracusefan.com

We Don't Know How to Have Fun Any More...(OT)

The top 50 party schools in America

Top 50 party school list.

Cuse is # 27. Seems to me that we have been higher in prior year lists.

For oldies here who remember Coach Danforth, he knew what he was doing...Tulane is # 1.

this is MSN ranking. we've been number 1 and in the top 5-10 for a few years in princeton review.

if you're in the top 25-50 across a variety of publications, you're a fun school to go to.

Always take those surveys with a grain of salt. Syracuse is not the Syracuse of old. I never saw it as a party school and now with a near dead bar scene, it only hurts the overall social environment. When I hear stories from alum who went there up until the 90s, it is literally two different SUs.

Always take those surveys with a grain of salt. Syracuse is not the Syracuse of old. I never saw it as a party school and now with a near dead bar scene, it only hurts the overall social environment. When I hear stories from alum who went there up until the 90s, it is literally two different SUs.

ehhh... its a different part scene... but its definitely a good 1. you just arent in right places my man.

ehhh... its a different part scene... but its definitely a good 1. you just arent in right places my man.

Graduated in 2010. Unless things have changed, it was OK at best.

The ORANGE baby on Thursday nights in the mid-1970s. It used to register on the Richter Scale. I transferred to Syracuse my Junior year because I had been going to a business school in Massachusetts and the ratio of guys to girls was 7:1 . . . I couldn't take it any more. I transferred in in 1976 . . . and the first time I entered The Orange on S Crouse I was with my buddies, KC and the Sunshine band comes on the sound system blasting away, and a beautiful girl I met during orientation comes up behind me and starts grinding with me and the joint is packed, sweaty, and swaying as one . . . I'm thinking to myself, 'what I putz I am for not transferring sooner.' Anyway, drunk and stoned I was in heaven. And that was the way it was for the next two years. Party time Thursday through Saturday nights. One semester I was able to arrange my schedule so I could take 15 credits and only have classes on Tues/Weds/Thurs. Oh, baby, those were the best years! Don't know how the kids do it these days, but I can tell you mid-70s Cuse was epic!

Raising the drinking age to 21 in 1985 probably put a little damper on things (fake ID's aside).

Last edited:
These threads turn out being great to read as people post some epic stories. It is too bad that Armory Square isn't closer to SU as a lot of good bars are there. But I do appreciate the drunk 18 year olds staying out of Blue Tusk when I'm there!

Syracuse was a sincerely top notch party school back in 1972. I don't know for a certainty where I was but I have been assured I had a very good time.

Nothing beat the Phi Lamb derby at Geneseo. A close second was buying beer with your meal plan on Thursdays and Fridays at the Rat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom