"We had the right officials out there" | Syracusefan.com

"We had the right officials out there"

cto

Administrator
Mark Few really said that after Gonzaga win over BYU.

I cannot believe he said that.

What a whacky comment.

Hope a reporter asked him the names of the wrong officials who could have been assigned to the game.

Didn't see the interview, but having watched the game I would guess he is referring to the ref's treatment of a thug on BYU called Kaufusi or something. He plays on their football team. He received 5 fouls in 10 minutes. He took a cheapshot at Olynyk and got called for a flagrant.

I could imagine some of the media was probably asking if the refs should have been more severe on him or BYU, In this context there is nothing wrong with what he said. And it may have been the more PC answer.

Few probably felt he caught a break not seeing Jim Burr or Teddy Valentine on the floor. But he shouldn't say it. :D

That entire game was borderline WWE. The refs could barely keep a lid on things, and were thisclose to losing control.
If the Dance is officiated like that we can expect major fireworks. It was just a horribly officiated game.

Mark Few really said that after Gonzaga win over BYU.

I cannot believe he said that.

What a whacky comment.
I can believe that. The only other sport that can relate to bball refs are umpires in MLB. Specifically homeplate umpires. You hear all the time where some umps will call the high strike and some have a wide strike zone. I can see where some basketball refs will call a close game while others will 'let them play'. Jst sayin'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom