We have a serious problem with our offense | Syracusefan.com

We have a serious problem with our offense

domestu

Scout Team
People keep mentioning that Syracuse really struggled on offense last year but was able to turn things around in March and make it to the Final Four. But outside of our woeful offensive performances against Georgetown, we were an offensive juggernaut last season compared to this season's low scoring team.

In 2013, we struggled when our shooters were cold and our offensive production was up and down throughout the conference season. We were very inconsistent but when we were on we could score against anyone. Syracuse scored 70 or more points in ten of its Big East games. This year we have hit 70 in only two ACC contests and we really struggle to even reach 60.

This team has fewer players that can knock down shots from the perimeter and are next to last in 3-points field goals made in ACC play. Our field goal percentage in league games has fallen to .413 and it doesn't matter who our opponent is, we struggle to score points in every game.

I think Boeheim has done a great job overall with this squad and you have to be impressed with what he has accomplished with these players but I am much more concerned with our offense right now than I was heading into the BE tournament last year. The Big East was a lot stronger conference and I was excited back then about what we might do in the Big Dance.

The last time Syracuse averaged this few points per game was the 1962-63 season when Dave Bing was on the freshman team. Our offense was terrible at end of the regular season last year against Georgetown but we were able to score over 70 points in two of our last five games.

Our offensive efficiency has really plummeted since January and I know the coaching staff is going to work to try to correct this before our games this week. Lets hope they can find some answers that will make our offense more productive.

Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom