We have found our mojo | Syracusefan.com

We have found our mojo

Cuse House

All American
Team is just beginning to gel and trust one another. Gillon's confidence has to be through the roof, and that's only bodes well for the final stretch. I see this team continuing to get better this last month and a half. We get in, we will be dangerous once again.

I credit this game to a one of a kind effort by John Gillon, a typically strong game by White, OK but below average game from Lydon -- and not much else. Hard to say much about gelling or trusting one another when we get so little from the others. Great win, just hard to project what happens the next time out.

I credit this game to a one of a kind effort by John Gillon, a typically strong game by White, OK but below average game from Lydon -- and not much else. Hard to say much about gelling or trusting one another when we get so little from the others. Great win, just hard to project what happens the next time out.
We were dead in the water, and John took over. But then in OT, we were flawless (besides fouling the 3 point Shooter). Watching it, I felt like the trust level stepped up a notch there. Perfect backdoor cuts, making the right passes. Not to mention, our press looked good. I felt a sense of a team working together.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with you. But hey, that's okay! Let's take this win and ride to glory!

What's going on with Battle?

Yes, take the win, and build from it. Have to like the come-back, and what the team was able to do in overtime. And, again, the overtime was White and Gillon.

Battle is fine - yielding to the hot hand(s) tonight. Got to get Roberson going more though if he's gonna play big minutes. Just rebound, that's all we need from him.

Seems we just got lucky Gillon was ridiculously hot from three. Our D was very bad all game. Hoping for the best, but dont get your hopes up too much.

Seems we just got lucky Gillon was ridiculously hot from three. Our D was very bad all game. Hoping for the best, but dont get your hopes up too much.

It was more than that.

Lots of reasons why we won tonight, but that 12-0 run that took 1:07 when we were down 14 was a major, major reason why we came all the way back.

It was more than that.

Lots of reasons why we won tonight, but that 12-0 run that took 1:07 when we were down 14 was a major, major reason why we came all the way back.
If I recall, they missed some wide open 3's within that time frame. And Gillon hit some tough 3's. Thats not going to happen very often. Gillon and White combined scored over 70 points, and we barely won. That wont happen ever again.

If I recall, they missed some wide open 3's within that time frame. And Gillon hit some tough 3's. Thats not going to happen very often. Gillon and White combined scored over 70 points, and we barely won. That wont happen ever again.

Barely won? They had a player who went wild from three, as well, to say nothing of a guy who had a triple double. They aren't going to get those type of contributions every game, either. Tonight was a good old fashioned shootout, and we won because we have more firepower. And also, a guy who scored 43. ; )

I'm not suggesting that Gillon wasn't a major reason we won, or that us having a big game from three wasn't hugely important. But there were a lot of factors that went into tonight's win beyond just Gillon.

Oh look, it's Buzz Killington. :rolleyes:

my bad. i said in the chat at half time that gillon (4-4 deep) would cool off. he didn't. his effort gave us this win. my bad.

Team is just beginning to gel and trust one another. Gillon's confidence has to be through the roof, and that's only bodes well for the final stretch. I see this team continuing to get better this last month and a half. We get in, we will be dangerous once again.
Yeah no doubt I think the phrase that this team came of age tonight. The challenge with all these disparate parts (grad transfers, new starters, no one guy(s) who want to take control), it makes it hard to gel and get into a team rhythm.

It appears they've reached that and we have seen the leaders emerge. Lyndon's time for leadership is next year and it simply isn't in Roberson DNA, the oldest guys have taken control after likely being hesitant due to being the "new" guys. They now know that this is their team, time to put the rest of them on their back going forward and ride them.

Hopefully with the shackles off for good and JB likely encouraging it this starts a trend and we make a run toward a bid by combining White with the amazing Gillon along with some expected contributions from Lydon and some unlikely but hopeful contributions from anyone else.

At the very least after thinking worst case scenario in the recent past, it's cool to say there is a pulse for this season. Go Orange!

I feel like this was spoken as a challenge to the gods ... and you'll lose that one every time.

The only thing I found off in this game was the passing. Not many assists in the second half but What it was the best win since the last one and JFG cemented himself in my memory with an ALL TIME cuse performance.

my bad. i said in the chat at half time that gillon (4-4 deep) would cool off. he didn't. his effort gave us this win. my bad.

Had the same conversation with my dad before the half. Smith came out and was playing him more aggressively after Gillon hit the first 4 from deep, and I figured that he wouldn't have a big second half. Oops.

Kid really rose to the personal challenge of playing one of the best PGs in the country tonight. And he outplayed him.

Hopefully the one thing we get from tonight is not to go in a shell on the road when things don't go well in the 2nd half.

It's happened all too often and it happened again tonight. You can see it in our body language. It looked like no one was hustling during their run.

Thankfully they put on the brakes, and mentally that woke us up. Going forward, I hope it gives us the confidence to stop the bleeding if our road opponent goes on a run.

Hopefully the one thing we get from tonight is not to go in a shell on the road when things don't go well in the 2nd half.

It's happened all too often and it happened again tonight. You can see it in our body language. It looked like no one was hustling during their run.

Thankfully they put on the brakes, and mentally that woke us up. Going forward, I hope it gives us the confidence to stop the bleeding if our road opponent goes on a run.

We're so much mentally tougher than we were earlier in the season. We folded like a pup tent against south carolina and wisconsin, and also against uconn.

Glad we finally hit our stride. There was a time when a losing season seemed like a fait accompli.

We're so much mentally tougher than we were earlier in the season. We folded like a pup tent against south carolina and wisconsin, and also against uconn.

Glad we finally hit our stride. There was a time when a losing season seemed like a fait accompli.

I'm usually really positive, but I admit I was just hoping for a winning season not that long ago.

Barely won? They had a player who went wild from three, as well, to say nothing of a guy who had a triple double. They aren't going to get those type of contributions every game, either. Tonight was a good old fashioned shootout, and we won because we have more firepower. And also, a guy who scored 43. ; )

I'm not suggesting that Gillon wasn't a major reason we won, or that us having a big game from three wasn't hugely important. But there were a lot of factors that went into tonight's win beyond just Gillon.
C'mon, i'm trying not to be too positive so I dont jinx us.

Ill take a team figuring it out as they go and peaking in March over 25-0. As JB said, its how you finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom