We have moved OUT on bracket Matrix | Syracusefan.com

We have moved OUT on bracket Matrix

It may come down to SU, Kansas State, and Rhode Island, as the bracket shows. A good case can be made for both teams making the tournament ahead of SU. I was unimpressed with RI in yesterday's victory over St. Bonaventure, but if RI beats Davidson today, they are in ahead of SU.

To me, the Bracket Matrix as a tool is useless now.

It was good to use to track teams around us and where people saw them - but most of those teams are done playing. No one knows what the committee will value. Today besides URI is just focused on bid-stealers.

The one thing I would be curious about is how many people have MTSU in as an at-large if ghtey lost to Marshall. Obviously we don't want to happen.

To me, the Bracket Matrix as a tool is useless now.

It was good to use to track teams around us and where people saw them - but most of those teams are done playing. No one knows what the committee will value. Today besides URI is just focused on bid-stealers.

The one thing I would be curious about is how many people have MTSU in as an at-large if ghtey lost to Marshall. Obviously we don't want to happen.
I looked up MTSU after they agreed to the football game with SU. That is a major university with a serious athletic department. It is really like the second school in Tenn after UT, and it's in the Nashville metro area.. Excluding the private Vandy. They beat Mich St. last year in the NCAA's and now I think that was no fluke. I think they want that CUSA title and will take care of business.

I looked up MTSU after they agreed to the football game with SU. That is a major university with a serious athletic department. It is really like the second school in Tenn after UT, and it's in the Nashville metro area.. Excluding the private Vandy. They beat Mich St. last year in the NCAA's and now I think that was no fluke. I think they want that CUSA title and will take care of business.
Absolutely agree. They are legit and hence the worry if they loss they'd get an at-large. But I think they'll come out and take care of business. They could potentially get a 10 seed if they win today.

I have looked at there at large chances I don't see them getting in before us

This happened yesterday,

1. Rhode Island is a loss from being back below us
2. Even if Rhode Island gets the auto, all we need to do is be viewed as better than one team on the matrix
3. Other Bubble Busters could change things - which is now the concern.
4. The Really Good Thing -- There are essentially no bubble teams left below us. If there was legit teams we would need to be worried that the committee also has them over us. But there are really no such teams.

We are in decent shape. Not locked. But if we avoid any bubble busters we are at least 50.50.

It may come down to SU, Kansas State, and Rhode Island, as the bracket shows. A good case can be made for both teams making the tournament ahead of SU. I was unimpressed with RI in yesterday's victory over St. Bonaventure, but if RI beats Davidson today, they are in ahead of SU.

Rhode Island's best win is... Cincy? Their resume looks like garbage. If they have an RPI better than ours, that kind of highlights exactly what is wrong with the RPI and I would be pretty p*ssed if they got in ahead of us.

Kansas State's resume isn't too spectacular either. The win over Baylor on the road is huge, but they didn't do much outside of that. They also have as many losses as us in a considerably weaker conference.

We need RI to lose and no bid stealers in the other 3 places possible and we may get the last slot

I was watching ESPN just now and the question came up as to where Syracuse stands with regards to the other 3 teams designated as "Last 4 in" -- Wake, RI, and USC. Jay Bilas asked the other 3 on the panel "Which team is the best of those 4?" One person said Syracuse. One person said Wake and Bilas asked "Okay who is next best?" Answer was Syracuse. So Bilas said "Case closed. If you're looking for the best 36 teams without automatic bids, Syracuse is in the tournament."

Don't disagree with anything here but if they were really serious they would change the name of the university.

"Middle Tennessee"

Those who founded the college couldn't come up with something better? That's horrendous.

"Okay, everything's all set. So now the name. What do we call ourselves?"
"Well, we're in the middle of Tennessee."
"How about Middle Tennessee?"
"Brilliant!"

why does Joe L. have us ahead of Wake on his curve and behind them in the seeding.

wake has 3 wins over teams ahead of them in the ACC, we have 4 and we beat them head up. the only reason the gap isnt even bigger is we screwed up game one at BC before we changed things up with the lineup.

Rhode Island is crushing Davidson. They caught a huge break with Davidson upset of #1 seed Dayton yesterday. Damn.

Uri doesn't deserve a bid because they beat st bona and davidson.
The psychology of winning in conference tourney and advancing to the final affects the judgment of the selection committee. It always plays well. Far better than teams who lose first round games. Let's hope VCU wins the auto bid.

The psychology of winning in conference tourney and advancing to the final affects the judgment of the selection committee. It always plays well. Far better than teams who lose first round games. Let's hope VCU wins the auto bid.

You have to beat good teams, hopefully the committee realize they aren't beating Dayton or Vcu.

Don't disagree with anything here but if they were really serious they would change the name of the university.

"Middle Tennessee"

Those who founded the college couldn't come up with something better? That's horrendous.

"Okay, everything's all set. So now the name. What do we call ourselves?"
"Well, we're in the middle of Tennessee."
"How about Middle Tennessee?"
"Brilliant!"
That directional name thing had me thrown off too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom