We have so many issues: where to even start | Syracusefan.com

We have so many issues: where to even start

Tony DeFranco

2nd String
I guess our biggest problem is we have awful penetration - between Lydon, Patterson and White we are simple awful at this - no one can drive and get to the rim - not even remotely close - so that leaves Howard, Battle and Gillon - Howard can vaguely penetrate for a PG - he rarely gets to the rim and finishes - he ALWAYS passes - not the end of the world because he is a good passer - Gillon just appears to be to small - it almost didn't seem fair watching him drive into South Carolinas defense - Battle - who knows - i would assume he can get to the rim but he hasn't done it yet

Transition baskets is almost as glaring a problem and next up comes defensive rebounding

Please don't tell me we are new and just need to gel - I watched the last 3 games - we were inches away from being out of the tournament today - literally zero chance of getting into the tourney losing at home to that team

Melo would be our ultimate need - a wing that can get to the rim and finish and then shoot too - that initial line up with Lydon and Roberson was awful - I like both of them at what they can do but watching either attempt to dribble drive is a farce - almost rather would Cooney run around wild and flailing and shooting sideways

I guess our biggest problem is we have awful penetration - between Lydon, Patterson and White we are simple awful at this - no one can drive and get to the rim - not even remotely close - so that leaves Howard, Battle and Gillon - Howard can vaguely penetrate for a PG - he rarely gets to the rim and finishes - he ALWAYS passes - not the end of the world because he is a good passer - Gillon just appears to be to small - it almost didn't seem fair watching him drive into South Carolinas defense - Battle - who knows - i would assume he can get to the rim but he hasn't done it yet

Transition baskets is almost as glaring a problem and next up comes defensive rebounding

Please don't tell me we are new and just need to gel - I watched the last 3 games - we were inches away from being out of the tournament today - literally zero chance of getting into the tourney losing at home to that team
But they didn't almost lose to that team. They played indifferently for much of the first half, closed it out well, gained a commanding lead in the second half, and then squandered much of the lead once JB removed a few of the starters.

Rebounding at both ends of the floor is a real issue for this team, as is their ability to execute in the zone. But it's way too early to give up on this team, or write off the four guys who didn't start today.

But they didn't almost lose to that team. They played indifferently for much of the first half, closed it out well, gained a commanding lead in the second half, and then squandered much of the lead once JB removed a few of the starters.

Rebounding at both ends of the floor is a real issue for this team, as is their ability to execute in the zone. But it's way too early to give up on this team, or write off the four guys who didn't start today.

You shouldn't have to worry by replacing somebody with Roberson and Gillon. A game or two ago they either were or essentially were starters.

You shouldn't have to worry by replacing somebody with Roberson and Gillon. A game or two ago they either were or essentially were starters.
Yes, I find it hard to believe those two have forgotten how to play basketball in the last week and won't be heard from again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom