We have the warriors... | Syracusefan.com

We have the warriors...

Quazzum69

Stable Genius
Unfortunately, not the general.

I just don't think the team has a morale booster (in uniform or on the bench), someone that can effectively motivate the team through the hard times. We have good players who I think, in some alternate universe, could be playing very well at this point in the season and winning the games they are capable of.

Disclaimer: I am not a 900+ win Hall of Fame D-1 basketball coach, nor am I in any way, shape or form close to the program other than watching the games and internet sleuthing. I have never met Boeheim or any of the coaches and have no knowledge of their relationships with the players, past or present.

But, I think it is legitimate to question the allegiance of the team to the Head Coach. Like I said, never met the guy, but he seems kind of ... ly. If press conferences are any indication of his general mood, I would not particularly like to be on his team. How effective can a grumpy seventy year-old man inspire a team of kids to do their best and fight through adversity?

More importantly, does playing for a Hall of Fame Coach (if you play your first year at all) outweigh the negatives?

I would be interested in any responses you will get to this post. I've never played on a team, but it does seem like most coaches feel they must use anger as the primary emotion to stimulate their players. There's an army mentality on teams. Boot camp, etc. It would never motivate me, that's for sure!

Watch this and then tell me if you think Boeheim isn't loyal to his teamates.

Unfortunately, not the general.

I just don't think the team has a morale booster (in uniform or on the bench), someone that can effectively motivate the team through the hard times. We have good players who I think, in some alternate universe, could be playing very well at this point in the season and winning the games they are capable of.

Disclaimer: I am not a 900+ win Hall of Fame D-1 basketball coach, nor am I in any way, shape or form close to the program other than watching the games and internet sleuthing. I have never met Boeheim or any of the coaches and have no knowledge of their relationships with the players, past or present.

But, I think it is legitimate to question the allegiance of the team to the Head Coach. Like I said, never met the guy, but he seems kind of ... ly. If press conferences are any indication of his general mood, I would not particularly like to be on his team. How effective can a grumpy seventy year-old man inspire a team of kids to do their best and fight through adversity?

More importantly, does playing for a Hall of Fame Coach (if you play your first year at all) outweigh the negatives?
wow looks like we were posting this nearly simultaneously. Think you're off on one point. By and large my impression has been that the kids always like him and even love him how he takes good care of them in the end analysis. Don't think it has anything to do with them not liking him, rather it seems that they're just not inspired to greater heights by him as I posted in the emotions thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom