We just werent a good team | Syracusefan.com

We just werent a good team

Briancuse

Living Legend
We knew we had problems when uconn and Oregon blew our doors off and odu beat us. We played one great game and had an amazing win at duke. Other than that we beat a fading lville team at home and a lot of bad teams. Im ready for changes and some new blood in the program.

Yup this team flat out sucked. We used to make fun of Greenberg & VT making their whole season about one Dook game and I guess now that's us. Everyone saying it was a weak bubble wasn't joking. I've seen a half dozen NIT teams better than this group. #8 seed? Unbelievable.

I was simply amazed by the amount of people who were overlooking the first game and thought we would beat Gonzaga. I mean, we beat a depleted Duke team, a Louisville team that was spiraling downwards, and a mediocre Ohio State team. Our resume didn't suggest that we would do anything past maybe getting past Baylor. At least we avoided the embarrassment of losing to the Zags by 25.

I was simply amazed by the amount of people who were overlooking the first game and thought we would beat Gonzaga. I mean, we beat a depleted Duke team, a Louisville team that was spiraling downwards, and a mediocre Ohio State team. Our resume didn't suggest that we would do anything past maybe getting past Baylor. At least we avoided the embarrassment of losing to the Zags by 25.
While I agree with most of your post, the “depleted” Dook team still had Zion, would be ranked Top 5 without Reddish and jones (who weren’t overly impressive) and was at Cameron. Still a good win.

In fairness, I don’t think we lose this game tonight with Frank.

I do agree we all look foolish for thinking it was still in the bag after he was suspended.

In fairness, I don’t think we lose this game tonight with Frank.

I do agree we all look foolish for thinking it was still in the bag after he was suspended.
Frank wouldn’t have made a difference

I 100% disagree. Those looks, in that absurd frequency, are not there with Frank.

The Zone may still have been shredded, but not like that. We didn’t get boatraced. We got paper cut to death by a million open threes given up by his replacement.

We flat out got our ass kicked. And out HOF coach had no answers...

We might not be a good team, even a great team, but we run some amazing sets coming out of timeouts.

We flat out got our ass kicked. And out HOF coach had no answers...
I don’t disagree.

I just think Baylor is a super mediocre team, and we shot the ball well enough early on to win with a tinyyyy bit better defense.

I 100% disagree. Those looks, in that absurd frequency are not there with Frank. We didn’t get boatraced. We got paper cut to death by a million open threes given up by his replacement.
Lol. It’s like you didn’t watch Frank play basketball for the last 4 years. He may have stopped 2 or 3 more 3’s but he also would have dragged the offense down several notches. We lost because we hit an offensive wall midway through the 2nd half. Hughes and Battle went cold. We lost.

I believe you did say earlier in the week that we should win easily because you’d seen Baylor a few times this year and they weren’t impressive.

But yes, on premise, I fully agree with you.

I don’t disagree.

I just think Baylor is a super mediocre team, and we shot the ball well enough early on to win with a tinyyyy bit better defense.

Tiny??????? I was there...it was disgusting...

We would have won with Howard defensively and with more offense

Lol. It’s like you didn’t watch Frank play basketball for the last 4 years. He may have stopped 2 or 3 more 3’s but he also would have dragged the offense down several notches. We lost because we hit an offensive wall midway through the 2nd half. Hughes and Battle went cold. We lost.

And we gave up seemingly every single shot threw thre up...

Tiny??????? I was there...it was disgusting...
Again, agreed. We didn’t lose by 30. We were down 5 with 5 left, even after all that.

I’m higher on Frank than most here. I think he would’ve been a net positive over 2 points and guarding nobody.

Again, agreed. We didn’t lose by 30. We were down 5 with 5 left, even after all that.

I’m higher on Frank than most here. I think he would’ve been a net positive over 2 points and guarding nobody.

The issue is that the zone doesn’t work anymore...we saw why tonight.

Have you seen my posts over the last year(s). I clearly agree with you. You can still win a game against a mediocre opponent playing an antequated defense though... I think with Frank we would’ve

I think we lost to a depleted Duke team more than we beat a depleted Duke team. Zion is a cross between Barkley and Bias.

Anyway, we had to pick our poison on what freshman got exposed replacing Howard. Bigger issue frankly has been recruiting over him and failing at it.

Onward.

Yes to the OP. We can finally put all of the "regular season doesn't matter, just get to the tournament and everything changes" rhetoric to rest... at least for the next 8 months.

Baylor shreds all zones. Bad matchup. That said I’m not too sad the seasons over. Time to catch up with other things in life.

Zone works great, still. Last night it is just zone versus zone. And Baylor's shooters are like possessed and the ball bounced their way. Buddy's first three bounced off which can easily get in. That is the moment I know it is not our day.

He would have provided a desperately needed body to give someone a rest. He could have had a good shooting night. To say that the team wouldn't have benefited is absurd. What he did was selfish and will be what he is ultimately remembered for, but I can also admit that having a possible eight man rotation instead of seven is something that would have ultimately benefited SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom