??

• Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Dcuse

All Conference
That just sunk in. Have we ever had that low a total?

In the 2010 after AO went down we only really played 6 players, 7 if you count Reily getting like 5 minutes.

We had 6 eligible scholarship players at one point Flynn's freshman year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We had 6 eligible scholarship players at one point Flynn's freshman year.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
How can people ever forget those Donte Greene dynasty years (well, actually it was only one year). Don't leave, Donte.

Personally I think Boeheim prefers a 7 or 8 man rotation. Historically he has shown that.

The extra depth is nice -- it protects against injuries, the team can afford to be very cautious with players with fouls, and it makes it easier to sub someone out who made a dumb play or is playing poorly. But at the end of the day I think a 7-8 man rotation is the best situation for the players development and comfort levels. We have flexibility at the 4/5, the 3/4 and the 1/2,

If we avoid injuries or "other" issues having 8 deep instead of 9 deep isn't really a problem. The problem is talent drop-off in terms of replacing Southerland.

Personally I think Boeheim prefers a 7 or 8 man rotation. Historically he has shown that.

The extra depth is nice -- it protects against injuries, the team can afford to be very cautious with players with fouls, and it makes it easier to sub someone out who made a dumb play or is playing poorly. But at the end of the day I think a 7-8 man rotation is the best situation for the players development and comfort levels. We have flexibility at the 4/5, the 3/4 and the 1/2,

If we avoid injuries or "other" issues having 8 deep instead of 9 deep isn't really a problem. The problem is talent drop-off in terms of replacing Southerland.

The problem in my opinion isn't a number (8 or 9), it's the fact that 3 (DC, TC, and JG) of those 8 have very little experience, and going into Louisville, for example, will greatly test those 3. It will test the other 5 too. James at least brought some senior leadership and good experience, plus the intangibles he started to really bring this year besides the 3-ball.

Until the most recent years (last 2-3), he rarely played 8, and almost never played 9. That used to be one of the top 5 complaints about JB, that he only played 7. A game like tomorrow if there is poor interior defense will show where playing 8 and possibly 9 will be important: A game on the road with the refs calling it as a road game, against a team with a strong frontline. Fouls will be a plenty tomorrow.

How can people ever forget those Donte Greene dynasty years (well, actually it was only one year). Don't leave, Donte.
I remember at one time having to give a walk-on,( I think the name was Justin Thomas), meaningful minutes, and he actually held his own.

It's been a while since we were this thin. If JS is out for a bit and we get one injury (even a temporary one), we would have a problem. The coaching staff should be working hard with the end of the bench. Matt-Lyle Cajuste for example is a solid 2 Star recruit from Mt. Vernon and Iona Prep. He could be called upon in a pinch if that happens.

http://suathletics.syr.edu/mobile/index.aspx?rp_id=7269

I've decided not to comment. Does that say enough?

just thank the stars that we took the hit to the front court and not the back. we lose a guard we're seriously screwed.

with that in mind i cast my ?? vote for : 0 Poll choice.

My memory is hazy, but there was a in the late 80'/early 90's where we had a concern over the whole team being able to play for whatever reason (again I forget for exactly). They started going to other athletic programs to field a team. A buddy of mine on lacrosse team as well as other on f-ball team were asked to get ready to play b-ball. It never materialized.

My memory is hazy, but there was a in the late 80'/early 90's where we had a concern over the whole team being able to play for whatever reason (again I forget for exactly). They started going to other athletic programs to field a team. A buddy of mine on lacrosse team as well as other on f-ball team were asked to get ready to play b-ball. It never materialized.

I seem to remember that Marvin Graves was ready to play and jacked up about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom