We may see Southerland soon come out of his prolonged slump | Syracusefan.com

We may see Southerland soon come out of his prolonged slump

CaliCuse

All American
He played a few minutes and contributed with a quality 3 from the corner and a super impressive block under the basket. We surly can use a sweet shooting James S out there Saturday and in March tournaments. Someone must come up big from the outside. Brandon is playing a bit of "Now you see me and now you don't out there lately. One very nice drive to the basket and a hook shot off the glass was sweet indeed. I prefer his more conventional deep3s and his in the paint floaters or simple Js from mid range:p

There was a huge difference in how our O flowed earlier in the when James was contributing regularly as compared to how it is flowing now. I think we need James to get back on track if we are to make a FF run. There will be a couple of games along the way in the course of the dance-athon where we will need the instant O he is capable of contributing. In fact, I will predict that if James averages less than 7 PPG in the tourney that we will not get to the FF. If he averages greater than 7 PPG then I believe we are a favorite to make the FF at least.