We might want to revisit our OOC scheduling | Syracusefan.com

We might want to revisit our OOC scheduling

alibrat66

2nd String
At least our shortcomings would've been more apparent earlier, giving the coaches more time to work on them. Hard to make changes in the gauntlet of the Big East schedule.

Not saying that the weaknesses could be remedied, but I think our guys get overconfident and flabby eating so many cupcakes.

And I realize this is closing the barn door after the horse has left.

We are 10-5 in the conference so it's not as if we fell flat on our face when the going got tough. We've lost two games in three days in late February. November and December have nothing to with that. There isn't a weakness shown in these last to games that was a revelation to anybody.

SDSU, Arkansas, VaTech, Stanford, NC State (2x), Florida (3x), Michigan, Michigan State, UNC, Cal, Memphis (2x), Kansas, Virginia.

That's who we've beaten OOC since 2008 (not counting the NCAA tourney). I think the OOC is fine.

I have to think that the coaches can identify the weaknesses just in practice and even mediocre competition. The fact that JB absolutely refuses to do anything about it is another matter. I thought it was pathetic the way his game plan vs Georgetown was "Let Otto Porter shoot until he gets tired and then we get the upper hand." Then he goes out and does the same damn thing 54 hours later with some pot belly scrub.

I have to think that the coaches can identify the weaknesses just in practice and even mediocre competition. The fact that JB absolutely refuses to do anything about it is another matter. I thought it was pathetic the way his game plan vs Georgetown was "Let Otto Porter shoot until he gets tired and then we get the upper hand." Then he goes out and does the same damn thing 54 hours later with some pot belly scrub.
Well it's not exactly like they were running plays for Gardner (at least compared to Porter). He made 7 shots; I think I remember 2 or 3 as offensive rebound put backs, he had that one 20ft jumper (no way we should challenge him on that). The kid was definitely giving it his all down low. I agree that we were totally asleep at the wheel vs. Porter, but tonight was just Gardners night, most of his shots were contested.

Well it's not exactly like they were running plays for Gardner (at least compared to Porter). He made 7 shots; I think I remember 2 or 3 as offensive rebound put backs, he had that one 20ft jumper (no way we should challenge him on that). The kid was definitely giving it his all down low. I agree that we were totally asleep at the wheel vs. Porter, but tonight was just Gardners night, most of his shots were contested.

I'm thinking of two killer jumpers at the end. The guy shoots 80%+ from the stripe and they left him totally unguarded from there.