We Need A New OC & Offensive Scheme | Syracusefan.com

We Need A New OC & Offensive Scheme

BVille44

All Conference
It is obvious over the last three games ours opponents made adjustment to our run heavy offense and kept Tucker/Shrader in check. I don’t know how the staff did not use the bye week to fine tune the offensive scheme and include some passes to our TE to take some pressure off of Tucker. This morning I was glad to see a parent asking the same question on Twitter.

I am not a fan of this system. If Dino is back he needs to pick a side. Keep Gilbert and his system, meaning not going all in on the run, or get a new OC who can allow you to go all in on the run.

If we are going with Shrader, we should be using 2 TE sets or even some 2 RB sets. Three WR sets should be reserved for 3rd downs. We need that extra blocker or running option on run plays. Pass plays TEs and RBs are easy to slip out. Oh and use something called a play action.

Reactions: FAL
A new offensive system alone will not fix the issue.

The inability to recruit at a competitive level with teams in your own division will make any new offensive system unsustainable.

Programs strive for Top 10 or Top 25 recruiting classes on a regular basis. I thought with Dino’s system that a Top 40 recruiting class would yield consistent 7-9 win seasons.

Currently, and for the last 20 years, this program has barely achieved a Top 60 recruiting class. Not good enough and no offensive system can consistently win at this level with that lack of talent. Furthermore, the decent players that we do have, now have an easier path to a different program if they choose.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of the program and the first question ADJW needs to ask is how can this program get to a respectable point from a recruiting standpoint.

I just hope Wildhack decides and commits to a plan asap. Just because we’re about to start bowl season, that doesn’t mean that coaching changes have to wait.
JWITNF

The problem begins with the oline. If you don’t control the LOS you lose about half your playbook. And the reason you don’t have TEs downfield is most of the time they are hanging around to block.

The second big issue is the optionality in the WE routes. They are always off the same page with the QB. Take away the reads and hard code routes.

And for god sake teach the hot read swing pass.

The change we saw in our O over the last six years from OITNF to this tells me all I need to know. Flush the thing.

It is such a laughable kick in the balls watching them march down the field and score by attacking downfield then Revert back to the same garbage.

Over their heads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom