We need another Guard ... badly | Syracusefan.com

We need another Guard ... badly

I'm ready to try the Dirty or Grant at the 2 experiment.

If I was an opposing coach and SU played Southerland or Grant at the 2, I would slap on the most relentless full court press the world has ever seen.

We have what we have. Grant and southerland are not guards.

how about a free throw shootincoachg
Needed one of those since the mid-eighties! Keeps it exciting...

If I was an opposing coach and SU played Southerland or Grant at the 2, I would slap on the most relentless full court press the world has ever seen.

One player doesn't make a team immune from the press. A good team can break and take advantage of a press without even dribbling.

Actually, IMO Southerland is a guard trapped in a forwards body. He is guard without a great handle. He would play the 2 in the league if he gets there.

Today he had a great assist to Fair that was worthy of a guard.

Honestly the guard's were the least of our worries today...

Precisely. Better play out of our current guards would be nice (as in 9 t/o's today from the 3 of 'em) but there isn't "another guard" in the picture unless you're banking on the tooth fairy.

You must have missed Brandon's 2 jr. High passes out front that gave up two layups. Brandon looked anything like a senior today. His head is once again a total mess. He acts like a little child when he should be playing like a man after starting for four years.He appears to be totally lost on the floor. He decides what he's going to do before the play instead of playing instinctively.

Thought that Cooney played really well, what's the problem? I think that MCW and Triche had mediocre games, that has to improve...

if you think we are struggling at guard this year wait until next year when Brendan and MCW are gone and we have only one point; Tyler Ennis.

if you think we are struggling at guard this year wait until next year when Brendan and MCW are gone and we have only one point; Tyler Ennis.
From what I've seen so far, Cooney is going to be very capable of backing up at PG with the rest of this years experience.

Brandon played the point well enough today.
Triche is too inconsistent, turns it over way to much, and drives well but never can seem to finish,unless he is wide open. For a senior very disappointing.

I would be more concerned about mcw finishing than Brandon. Mcw is shooting 37 percent.

Kind of a useless statement. We're not getting another guard, we have what we have for this season. I will admit that our guards need to be better at entry passes. Can't tell you how many times I see Christmas or Coleman or Keita posting up on the low block and the pass doesn't come. Force it in to the big guys. Thats the only way they'll get any better. The 3 guards are good enough. Next year Ennis and Gibijne are coming.

What we lack is a good off gaurd who can take the pressure off MCW

Triche is too inconsistent, turns it over way to much, and drives well but never can seem to finish,unless he is wide open. For a senior very disappointing.
Brandon's handle is very suspect to me. Seems like his body and the ball are never at the same pace when he tries to stop driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom