We NEEDED to get a shot up at the end of the 2H | Syracusefan.com

We NEEDED to get a shot up at the end of the 2H

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Had to steal this in regulation given how this game had gone. We get a shot up, I am confident it had a good chance.

The game-plan in OT to continually drive into a 7 footer was very odd.

I had this typed out with a minute left, and after all that... we had a shot still. White rushed the shot and nobody in the entire Dome thought Tyler would make two FTs. We had freaking chances.

UGH.

This game stings. I was convinced we hit the game winner once we got the ball with last possession.

Do all of Roberson's missed FTs also clang the same direction? They all seem side rimmed.

People are forgetting that Louisville had a 79% FT shooter miss 2 FTs with 10 seconds left.

What would this board be like if AW3 missed 2 FTs in a tie game with 10 seconds left?

We should have had a better possession at the end - but Adel 9/10 makes at least 1 of those FTs

People are forgetting that Louisville had a 79% FT shooter miss 2 FTs with 10 seconds left.

What would this board be like if AW3 missed 2 FTs in a tie game with 10 seconds left?

We should have had a better possession at the end - but Adel 9/10 makes at least 1 of those FTs

Yep. Only reason we even had a chance to steal this victory was due to how abysmal Louisville was from the charity stripe tonight. On an aside, it really does get draining not be able to secure rebounds in critical possessions...wash, rinse, repeat.

Yep. Only reason we even had a chance to steal this victory was due to how abysmal Louisville was from the charity stripe tonight.

I absolutely recognize that. We had chances to steal this.

Ennis' last second play against Dayton was a better decision than that drive.

In OT they had the 5'10" guard sitting in there. No reason cuse couldn't have found a way to attack him on defense more. I had a feeling OT was going to kill our momentum but they didn't really atttempt to expose him much in OT. And for him to have 7 points kills you.

D
Ennis' last second play against Dayton was a better decision than that drive.
Dont agree,he was a couple inches away from either a wide open layup or a foul. In the end the play didnt work as JG extended his hand and knocked it out o bounds. No excuses ... But i have seen worse plays called there, including TEs jumper against Dayton...imo

D

Dont agree,he was a couple inches away from either a wide open layup or a foul. In the end the play didnt work as JG extended his hand and knocked it out o bounds. No excuses ... But i have seen worse plays called there, including TEs jumper against Dayton...imo
Fair

I think Gillon started the move a little too early.
Felt that way myself - think maybe he should have waited a bit for Lydon to try and clear out lane more
Also, he came off the screen a little out of control.

Also don't understand the rushed, off-balance 3 by White at the end of overtime when we only needed 2 to tie.
We had more time to get off a better shot than that.

Yep. Only reason we even had a chance to steal this victory was due to how abysmal Louisville was from the charity stripe tonight. On an aside, it really does get draining not be able to secure rebounds in critical possessions...wash, rinse, repeat.

The only reason Louisville won tonight is that we couldn't make a 3 most of the game.

Had to steal this in regulation given how this game had gone. We get a shot up, I am confident it had a good chance.

The game-plan in OT to continually drive into a 7 footer was very odd.

I had this typed out with a minute left, and after all that... we had a shot still. White rushed the shot and nobody in the entire Dome thought Tyler would make two FTs. We had freaking chances.

UGH.
THIS!

I couldn't believe how poor of a play they ran. Gillon got fouled, but there was no one near for him to kick or anything else, didn't like the call at all.

It was definitely a freak play that the ball happen to roll off his fingers, but the play was started a little too early and I think the drive and kick would have been a better option given how the rest of the game had played out. It's not like we were attacking ferociously like that all night and getting to the line.

I think Gillon started the move a little too early.
You need to be a big time talent to drive the ball all the way from just inside half court all the way to the rim. MJ or Chris Paul not Gillon.

As others have said: Gillon went too fast (he has done that a lot this season at the end of halves), the play had almost no chance (too many Louisville bigs) and I was deflated as soon as they sent TR to the line. He has no confidence. JB said he knew he wouldn't make it. Way to instill confidence, JB. Just because we all knew he wouldn't make the first FT, does JB really think it's smart for HIM to say so?

It was definitely a freak play that the ball happen to roll off his fingers, but the play was started a little too early and I think the drive and kick would have been a better option given how the rest of the game had played out. It's not like we were attacking ferociously like that all night and getting to the line.
I wonder if maybe that was supposed to be one of the options, but it looked to me like Gillon started the drive too soon and too rushed and didn't give Lydon time to clear out of the lane and drop down towards the baseline to give him another option if the defenders converged on him (like they did)

In OT they had the 5'10" guard sitting in there. No reason cuse couldn't have found a way to attack him on defense more. I had a feeling OT was going to kill our momentum but they didn't really atttempt to expose him much in OT. And for him to have 7 points kills you.

Like when he stole the ball from Gillon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom