We play Clemson this Saturday, right??... | Syracusefan.com

We play Clemson this Saturday, right??...

Jake

Mod
You sure couldn't tell from listening to the flagship station for Syracuse university sports this afternoon/evening.

Let me first say that I really like Chris McManus on Upon Further Review - I think he's talented and does an excellent job hosting that show - but they missed the boat today.

I listened from 4:45 - 5:10ish today. Prime time evening drive, all I got was NFL post game analysis, including 12 minutes of Bob Casulo grading NFL teams.

Really? We're facing the number three team in the country at home Saturday, Paul and George got canned at uconn today, and I get 28 minutes of "how we used to cut our seasons into quarters when I was in the NFL" team grades from Casulo in the peak of the peak drive time?!?

Hello?!? Had to turn it off. Major disappointed that the flagship station with the university's product isn't going balls to the wall with SU -clemson football.

Where have you gone Danny Parkins, the SU fan base turns its lonely eyes to you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Last edited:
You sure couldn't tell from listening to the flagship station for Syracuse university sports this afternoon/evening.

Let me first say that I really like Chris McManus on Under Further Review - I think he's talented and does an excellent job hosting that show - but they missed the boat today.

I listened from 4:45 - 5:10ish today. Prime time evening drive, all I got was NFL post game analysis, including 12 minutes of Bob Casulo grading NFL teams.

Really? We're facing the number three team in the country at home Saturday, Paul and George got canned at uconn today, and I get 28 minutes of "how we used to cut our seasons into quarters when I was in the NFL" team grades from Casulo in the peak of the peak drive time?!?

Hello?!? Had to turn it off. Major disappointed that the flagship station with the university's product isn't going balls to the wall with SU -clemson football.

Where have you gone Danny Parkins, the SU fan base turns its lonely eyes to you...

-
I think they spend a lot of Monday on nfl and tomorrow will be balls out cuse football. And if you're gonna have Casullo on , talk SU football with him!!

I think they spend a lot of Monday on nfl and tomorrow will be balls out cuse football. And if you're gonna have Casullo on , talk SU football with him!!
"Formula programming" aka..."we always do this on Monday" etc...is the bane of talk radio.

Gotta know what your audience is craving...with the giants 0-4 and the bills still mediocre...nobody is geeked about the NFL locally. And Casullo was breaking down the steelers, jaguars etc. for crissakes. Who the f cares!

I agree, I could care less about random NFL team right now.

I know it's a different station, but Bud and that other Goon is something I can't listen to. Most of the time Bud is rambling about some weird story involving anything but sports. The other guys goes off on far worse tangents. They talk about everything, but seemingly the local teams. Memo to them nobody cares about what goes on in your lives, there not that interesting. I'd rather listen to Colin Cowherd be a West Coast/Sec suckhole then listening to a random airport bathroom experience of Buds. I don't even know who the guy on today was, but they know very little about SU football when they even try to talk about it. They act as if we are still the joke team we were in the Grob era. More annoying then anything.

I agree, I could care less about random NFL team right now.

I know it's a different station, but Bud and that other Goon is something I can't listen to. Most of the time Bud is rambling about some weird story involving anything but sports. The other guys goes off on far worse tangents. They talk about everything, but seemingly the local teams. Memo to them nobody cares about what goes on in your lives, there not that interesting. I'd rather listen to Colin Cowherd be a West Coast/Sec suckhole then listening to a random airport bathroom experience of Buds. I don't even know who the guy on today was, but they know very little about SU football when they even try to talk about it. They act as if we are still the joke team we were in the Grob era. More annoying then anything.
Honest. ..last time I heard the show it was in the summer and they spent an hour talking about little Debbie snack cakes. I'm not kidding

agree listened for 25 mins and all heard was some random nfl bills talk and some baseball playoff snoozefest...

I was listening to the segment before this and they had Don McPherson on and were talking a lot about what Hunt and SU needed to do heading into the game this weekend.

Honest. ..last time I heard the show it was in the summer and they spent an hour talking about little Debbie snack cakes. I'm not kidding

seriously. they especially do that during the Summer when it's slow. they talk about non sense like that for a good 90% of their show. i don't even bother turning it on that time of year, nobody cares

I was listening to the segment before this and they had Don McPherson on and were talking a lot about what Hunt and SU needed to do heading into the game this weekend.
Ahh. K. Still...would think there is no reason to shift gears...audience changes quickly in drive time.

To be fair, half the topics on the Syracuse football board right now have nothing to do with the Clemson game, or even Syracuse football at all, so I suppose that's not surprising that the local talk radio show wasn't talking Syracuse football non-stop today.

Even the 'local' TV news is lame.

'Where have you gone Doug Logan (even Jack Morse) the Orange Nation turns its lonely eyes to you... ' (Orange you glad I didn't say Roger Springfield) ;)

How about SU marketing the game in general to create some pre game environment to get the butts in seats versus just selling tickets?

To be fair, half the topics on the Syracuse football board right now have nothing to do with the Clemson game, or even Syracuse football at all, so I suppose that's not surprising that the local talk radio show wasn't talking Syracuse football non-stop today.
Ha! I thought you were totally exaggerating so I counted. 6 of first 12 topics are non cuse football.

Glad they made a big deal out of the 700th win of the football program, too... Not! :bang:

The show Jake is talking about starts in 10 minutes. Today they have Chris Gedney and Floyd Little. You can stream it here:
http://espncny.com

Wouldn't be surprised if they talk Chiefs too (ugh) because of the GM shakeup last night.

OMG
I just saw an advertisement for the syracuse vs. clemson while watching espn2

From ESPN/ABC about the telecast or from SU about tickets?

From ESPN/ABC about the telecast or from SU about tickets?

It was a commercial on that station. I liked it.

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

OMG
I just saw an advertisement for the syracuse vs. clemson while watching espn2
Sad that ESPN does a better job of marketing Syracuse than Syracuse does. If this game were in New York, Gross would have the game time painted in the subway tunnels. The games don't market themselves people...