We played well and lost | Syracusefan.com

We played well and lost

SU got carved up inside, gave UNC too many second chance opportunities and were essentially playing 3 on 5 on offense for 40 minutes. I'm not sure how they were in a position to win that game late, but they were. There's certainly no quit in this team.

we're not winning at duke.

i cant say we played well after watching chukwu and dolezaj tonite
Chukwu was hobbled down the stretch and made a few tremendous defensive plays to put the team in position to win. He's far exceeded any reasonable expectations.

SU got carved up inside, gave UNC too many second chance opportunities and were essentially playing 3 on 5 on offense for 40 minutes. I'm not sure how they were in a position to win that game late, but they were. There's certainly no quit in this team.

Nope, there isn't. Which makes it tougher to see they still might not make the tournament, with all of these close losses.

Not many teams have the experience that UNC has. Duke is beatable. No way those freshman make the decisive touch passes Carolina(Maye, Pinson) was making in the paint against our zone. That quick precision passing and timely cuts to the rim were the real difference tonight. Yes, OB's airball, Chukwu's turnover and Frank's jack at the end hurt, but those plays/passes is what kept Carolina constantly ahead of us most of the game.

Beat duke and win a game in the ACC tourney, and I think we go dancing.

imo this loss means another first round out in the ACC then say bye !
each loss here on out means 1 more tourney game we have to win.

Last edited:
we're not winning at duke.

i cant say we played well after watching chukwu and dolezaj tonite

I’m going to guess you said the same thing the past two years. We match up much better with them than UNC.

Weird game. Didn't seem like we had any chance to be competitive, but our kids did some things and made some tough shots.

Joel Berry is a fantastic player. If i could poach one player from all the teams we've played this season (ignoring our own team needs), it'd probably be him.

Weird game. Didn't seem like we had any chance to be competitive, but our kids did some things and made some tough shots.

Joel Berry is a fantastic player. If i could poach one player from all the teams we've played this season (ignoring our own team needs), it'd probably be him.

Yup. Made two TOUGH layups as well...one somehow over Chuwku at one point and the one late over Howard. Clutch shooter.

This game reminds me a lot of the Louisville game last season that we lost in OT. A big game (also a top 10 team) that we battled through only to come up short. We win that, we are likely in last season. I was crushed after that game probably more than any last year.

This game feels the same to me the day after. I understand that game had no business being close given how 90% of the game went, but the fact we had the ball tied at 74-74 and had chances to win after the comeback is brutal. This would have been an enormous victory for tournament chances, like that Lville game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom