We really stuff the bed today | Syracusefan.com

We really stuff the bed today

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
We are so much better than G-town but we let Otto beat us. We really played like stuff in front of 35,012 fans. If we play like this we won't make it pased the first weekend of the tournament. Sad really.

shame ... irony is a guy named otto worked us today

I am still trying to understand JB's strategy of not guarding the guy at all. He shot about 90% after the first 5 minutes and yet he was roaming like a buffalo on the great plains, not a defender in sight, for most of the game. Oh except when he was fouled for 4 point plays.

I don't recall JB ever letting the star player from a one man team just go off like that against us. Players have gone off, but it is almost always a secondary guy because we take away option #1. Today, Jimmy was like: "Here Otto, have the game and BE POY while your at it."

We are so much better than G-town but we let Otto beat us. We really played like stuff in front of 35,012 fans. If we play like this we won't make it pased the first weekend of the tournament. Sad really.

No, we're not "so much better than Georgetown." That's a silly statement. They're the better team right now, period.

We are basically playing five on three against zones. GU was just smart enough to work the ball long enough to find Porter. SU is not smart enough to find something that works and stay with it. Our spacing was horrible today. Southerland set up so close to MCW that one guy could guard both of them and allowed no driving lanes for MCW. We never overload our wings to the corner which drives me crazy because teams kill us with it.

We are basically playing five on three against zones. GU was just smart enough to work the ball long enough to find Porter. SU is not smart enough to find something that works and stay with it. Our spacing was horrible today. Southerland set up so close to MCW that one guy could guard both of them and allowed no driving lanes for MCW. We never overload our wings to the corner which drives me crazy because teams kill us with it.

Hard to criticize our success, but teams seem to adjust to us rather than the opposite. We seem to say, "We're going to play the way we always do and if you can figure out a way to beat us, so be it ."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom