We took their best shot | Syracusefan.com

We took their best shot

OrangeBlood

Starter
... and still won!

UCONN was playing for their season tonight. We completely outplayed them in first half and if it was not for Boatwrights shooting we would have been up in the 20s at the half.

Credit to UCONN, they kept taking shots from us and kept coming back. They played about as well as they have all season in the second half. I really hope Drummond leaves with Lamb. If they ever all got on the same page they could be really great. '

Most importantly, this team finds a way to win. Great teams do that. Totally pumped we won another BE regular season title. I am one who thinks that losing in BET is not a bad thing, so regular season title is better imo.

Word up.

And it is deeply gratifying to dash the hopes of that moronic fanbase on the rocks.

I hope they enjoy their long term future as an NIT participant. That begins this year.

Great teams win. Plain and simple. Bad team and their fans complain about the officiating.

Honestly, I see why every coach downplays being rated highly because it seems like we take everyone's best shot, everyone's chance at a resume building win, season saving win, statement win, whatever.

I mean, how many frickin' 'white-outs' have we played against on the road this season?

Once I had time to collect my thoughts after the game I realized that while we may be agonizing over the close win, the UCon fans have to be absolutely devastated after clawing all the way back only to still lose. Would have been an easier loss for them if they were blown out. All in all a great night.

Jimmy just wanted to help JC out and give them an oh so close loss to help their resume.

Great teams win. Plain and simple. Bad team and their fans complain about the officiating.

I'll take this moment to complain about the officiating.

Good god, how did they let 57 Connecticut handchecks go uncalled?

First time in a long time SU lost the turnover battle

UConn played it's two best games of the year against us, IMO. Tonight, they looked like a top 15 team in the 2nd half. If they make the Tourney, they either lose by 15 in round 1 or get to at least the sweet 16...

UConn played it's two best games of the year against us, IMO. Tonight, they looked like a top 15 team in the 2nd half. If they make the Tourney, they either lose by 15 in round 1 or get to at least the sweet 16...

Agreed. They shot very well in game one, and had the crowd on their side tonight.

Dangerous games, both of them. Glad we came out on the right side of the ledger both times.

LGO!!!

Totally agree. Hope we are not in there bracket.

Also.. if they lose to either providence or Pitt and lose first game in BET they may not even make it in the dance. IMO they would be the most talented team to never make the tournament. Lamb and Drummond are both lottery picks.

Totally agree. Hope we are not in there bracket.

Also.. if they lose to either providence or Pitt and lose first game in BET they may not even make it in the dance. IMO they would be the most talented team to never make the tournament. Lamb and Drummond are both lottery picks.

Since I fully expect to see them on Thursday at Noon in 12 days, I can't imagine being in their bracket in the NCAA's. Even if we don't face them, I can't envision playing them until the Elite 8 if it comes to that.

Drummond, yes, but I still don't know about Lamb. Guy just seems so awkward and unorthodox. Is he quick and athletic enough to play SG and man up the DWade, Westbrooks, etcs? He's not exactly a very good shooter either. I hope he goes pro, however, that's for sure. He seems to find ways to routinely score against us.

if they lose to either providence or Pitt and lose first game in BET they may not even make it in the dance. IMO they would be the most talented team to never make the tournament.
at this point if uconn loses either of their next 2 they'll have to get to the BET final to get to the dance

Drummond, yes, but I still don't know about Lamb. Guy just seems so awkward and unorthodox. Is he quick and athletic enough to play SG and man up the DWade, Westbrooks, etcs? He's not exactly a very good shooter either. I hope he goes pro, however, that's for sure. He seems to find ways to routinely score against us.

To me, he is a more athletic Landry Fields. About same size, streaky shooter. But does not put effort into d close to as well, attitude seems like the problem.

Once I had time to collect my thoughts after the game I realized that while we may be agonizing over the close win, the UCon fans have to be absolutely devastated after clawing all the way back only to still lose. Would have been an easier loss for them if they were blown out. All in all a great night.

No, just no. Seeing this UConn team actually give two craps after going down 17 in the second half, was better than a blowout.

Not UConn's best shot by far. UConn's best shot, they don't go down by double digits the entire first half. Now if you want to say the second half was their best shot, then yes, that might be true. But the lacksidasical effort in the first was not UConn's best effort. Sorry for typos, iPhone and alchol

I'll take this moment to complain about the officiating.

Good god, how did they let 57 Connecticut handchecks go uncalled?

I'd say we got those calls back in the last minute of the game. I'm surprised that Vitale and Shulman didn't inquire about Fab's dunk put back (looked like offensive rim interference) or Fair's game ending block (looked like a body grab before the block).

I'm happy the calls went our way (like the missed goaltending to end the WVU game) but I'm surprised neither play was questioned/scrutinized. Oh well.

I'd say we got those calls back in the last minute of the game. I'm surprised that Vitale and Shulman didn't inquire about Fab's dunk put back (looked like offensive rim interference) or Fair's game ending block (looked like a body grab before the block).

I'm happy the calls went our way (like the missed goaltending to end the WVU game) but I'm surprised neither play was questioned/scrutinized. Oh well.

I think the officials gave up on interference calls (I think Drummond had one right before the Fab put-back in question). Fair's play seemed like a foul, but I read that even one of the UConn players said the refs "couldn't call a foul in that situation."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom