We want new mexico right? | Syracusefan.com

We want new mexico right?

I'd rather play Kansas that New Mexico. Embiid is done for. New Mexico is a hideous matchup for us. Two big, skilled, bruisers underneath and everybody on the team can drain three's. If they play a good game, I think they would beat us unless we play an A game. In other words, their A game beats our B game. This may also be true of Kansas, but with our team, I'm more comfortable of them playing an A game against Kansas than a team they probably don't have a ton of respect for like UNM.

The plus of playing UNM is they have a long history of getting cowed by the bright lights. They have never made a Sweet 16 in program history to my knowledge.

Feel like once you get to sweet 16 it's anyone's tournament and so far we look like one of the best teams out there.

Stanford is also strong inside, FWIW
Admittedly I don't know a lot about Stanford, so I probably shouldn't have assumed NM would be a better matchup. But now I hope you're right!

I had NM upsetting KU in my bracket. They played probably their worst game of the year - they sucked today.

Stanford is a solid team with 4 pretty high level players (Huestis, Randle, Powell, Brown). They just don't have much in terms of a PG.

They'd certainly give KU a battle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom