We won’t, but we should | Syracusefan.com

We won’t, but we should

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Really start Kadary (if ok) and JE, along with Buddy, Marek and QG (if healthy) or AG. Clemson had a field day from the foul line to baseline against us. Don’t know if we can afford another 8 or so point deficit right from the get-go. Clemson is one of the best defensive teams in the country.

Really start Kadary (if ok) and JE, along with Buddy, Marek and QG (if healthy) or AG. Clemson had a field day from the foul line to baseline against us. Don’t know if we can afford another 8 or so point deficit right from the get-go. Clemson is one of the best defensive teams in the country.
Really hoping Quincy and Kadray can go. We need all hands on deck. If they cannot, then expect to see Jessie, Marek, Alan, Buddy, and Joe. With Bol and Braswell off the bench. Joe and Buddy will each go for 36+ minutes.

Agree worst is to get marek a foul early on so he cant play 4 with eddy.
use ajax if needed first half for 6-7 minutes.
Have griff shadow one of their guards. swap from one to the other.
Don't be afraid to use Brass either. to sparingly in the second half despite griffins 1-10.

I think JB looks more willing to sit Griffin and Quincy down. This allows JE to play and Marek to move to the four. We are so much bigger and longer with Jessie in the game. Combine those two with Quincy and Kadary. it’s a 6’7”, 6’10”, 7’0”, 6’6”,6’5” zone. That’s big and effective.

Agree worst is to get marek a foul early on so he cant play 4 with eddy.
use ajax if needed first half for 6-7 minutes.
Have griff shadow one of their guards. swap from one to the other.
Don't be afraid to use Brass either. to sparingly in the second half despite griffins 1-10.
Not trying to be rude, but JBA cannot play a minute in this season deciding game.

The problem with your logic (which is sound and I agree with) is that starting either guy or both would sort of be like Boeheim admitting he was wrong. Jim has to save face so he won't do the right thing. Instead, he'll most likely insert Kadary only when we're down by 8 points and then Jesse will make an appearance but get the hook after one poor play. Man I hope I'm wrong but I just don't believe in Boeheim to do the right thing.

I was thinking about this yesterday while playing golf. The way that the roster is being managed right now is like me pulling out my six iron on a long par 4. I know it's going to set me up for a very long approach and might not even be able to get it to the green. However, I do it anyway even though my driver is pretty steady. It just couldn't be more obvious that Kadary should start and Jessee should have been getting much more run this year.

Not trying to be rude, but JBA cannot play a minute in this season deciding game.
What's the difference we have been giving up a ton of points all year.
Otherwise once eddy and Dolez both get one foul one of them has to sit for the rest of the half.
Makes no sense to not have 3-4 guys rotating PF and center. PF is 6'9 and above.
Brass Ajax Guerrier to end the half is still better even if we are pretty hot.
Need to have some faith in our D.

Last edited:
There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO excuse to not start Kadary. He has so clearly won the job over Joe that it is a very bad joke he doesn't start. As for Edwards, he is probably only good for 20 to 30 minutes tops, so I do not have a problem with his not starting and then coming in early depending upon the flow of the game and who is playing well or not. Clearly, he is a difference maker for this team in the middle.

What about Griffin? His shots look like he is satisfying a dare somebody gave him. No reason he should ever play another minute. But Boeheim owes him money from a real estate deal that went bad so forget him sitting.

Hey I may be starting to get it. This is fun!

What about Griffin? His shots look like he is satisfying a dare somebody gave him. No reason he should ever play another minute. But Boeheim owes him money from a real estate deal that went bad so forget him sitting.

He's streaky, that's for sure. He takes some very bad shots but he can also score 20 in a half.

So you missed the first half of the Georgia Tech game last Saturday did ya? How did Alan do then?

My goodness.

Griffin sucked yesterday and he got seated on the bench for it. He only played 23 minutes because he was bad.
So wait the coach actually sat him when he was playing poorly? Who knew he could do that.

Too bad coach never did that when somebody else struggled mightily.

What's the difference we have been giving up a ton of points all year.
Otherwise once eddy and Dolez both get one foul one of them has to sit for the rest of the half.
Makes no sense to not have 3-4 guys rotating PF and center. PF is 6'9 and above.
Brass Ajax Guerrier to end the half is still better even if we are pretty hot.
Need to have some faith in our D.
The difference is we HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME. Marek, Jesse and QG in desperation at center before JBA. Work with JBA in the offseason and hopefully he can contribute defensively and on the boards in the years to come. It’s easy to see who belongs to play at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom