We won a close game | Syracusefan.com

We won a close game

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
I don't care what happens the rest of the year.

By the way, that was a shooting foul on that 3 attempt by Wake late. And geez.. that last 10 seconds was ugly.

I'll take it. Just a better night when we get a W, regardless of overall record.

hard to call a shooting foul on a guy 35 ft out.

I agree. Usually I agree, guys like to just jack it up when they feel contact. However, this one I think was actually pretty much the definition of a shooting foul.

I agree. Usually I agree, guys like to just jack it up when they feel contact. However, this one I think was actually pretty much the definition of a shooting foul.
Agreed, he was preparing to plant and shoot as LYdon went into foul him. Got really lucky on that.

If Lydon had touched him, yes that should have been a shooting foul. Since Lydon didn't touch him, it shouldn't have been a foul call to begin with.

I think he touched his body with both hands, no?

I think he touched his body with both hands, no?

If he did, it was with one hand... and barely, if at all. They guy pretty much fell over his own clumsy a$$ trying to sell the foul. Lydon pulled up when he saw the guy was gathering to shoot.

it really should have been a no call.

it would not have been called a foul at the end of the half had the same thing happened.

Not fouling a jump shooter is not a difficult skill to learn. Stop trying to block the shot and just get a hand up. Jump straight up. Easy.

i thought we'd fouled on the crawford trey with 20 to go. they didn't show a replay but he ended up on the deck.

i thought we'd fouled on the crawford trey with 20 to go. they didn't show a replay but he ended up on the deck.
Thought the same thing too but how many BS calls went against SU tonight. Thompson's 4th foul, Lydon's 3rd where the dude feel down dribbling the ball out of bounds, the charge on Andrew White, and one of my favorites was Roberson's block shot that was called a foul.

C2-m8wjUkAA5mmS

JB and the team had a horrendous last stretch run there, outside of the made FT's. Fouling too soon and just not having good clock management at all.
And all the missed ft's before the made ones, lol. TT missed 2 in a row and Gillon right after him. In that replay I didn't think Lydon fouled him either, barely brushed his jersey with one hand.

And all the missed ft's before the made ones, lol. TT missed 2 in a row and Gillon right after him. In that replay I didn't think Lydon fouled him either, barely brushed his jersey with one hand.

No, we are talking about a different play. The play we are talking about is Crawford's 3 to answer Lydon's. It was right in front of the Wake bench.

No, we are talking about a different play. The play we are talking about is Crawford's 3 to answer Lydon's. It was right in front of the Wake bench.
My bad, I added 2 different convo's. Earlier in the thread with the Lydon foul was my 2nd.

You gotta sell the foul if you are the Wake guy. I thought Lydon grabbed his ass lightly with both hands then pulled away as the shot was launched. Phew.

HUGE three by Lydon at the end. Pretty good team effort although the guards didn't do much yet again. Boeheim was ripping into Gillon all game, lol.

Baby step forward winning a close game. It seems like the players were quite engaged on the court and the sidelines most of the game. Good to see. Wow, a quiet 27 from White. This WF team looked incredibly average except for Collins, IMO. Not sure how they pulled off that win in Raleigh. I'm glad my prediction was way off.

You gotta sell the foul if you are the Wake guy. I thought Lydon grabbed his ass lightly with both hands then pulled away as the shot was launched. Phew.

HUGE three by Lydon at the end. Pretty good team effort although the guards didn't do much yet again. Boeheim was ripping into Gillon all game, lol.

Baby step forward winning a close game. It seems like the players were quite engaged on the court and the sidelines most of the game. Good to see. Wow, a quiet 27 from White. This WF team looked incredibly average except for Collins, IMO. Not sure how they pulled off that win in Raleigh. I'm glad my prediction was way off.
WF pulled the win off in Raleigh because NC St is terrible outside of Smith not too mention Gottfried is a below average coach (good recruiter). Anya ate a keg and Abu is inconsistent. WF is a much better coached team.

I don't care what happens the rest of the year.

By the way, that was a shooting foul on that 3 attempt by Wake late. And geez.. that last 10 seconds was ugly.

I'll take it. Just a better night when we get a W, regardless of overall record.

I have to admit I was very discouraged after the last couple games despite expecting us to win neither. I said before hand that there was a better chance of a 5-0 or 4-1 run after that than winning either but actually watching them look so hopeless and unmotivated was worse than just losing.

We didn't look great this game... We are fundamentally quite bad... but we have some weapons and Lydon is probably a top 10 player in the nation. Its a really tough team to watch but I think there's still a shot this is the start of a 4-1 or 5-0 run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom