We won, we broke 70 and | Syracusefan.com

We won, we broke 70 and

rrlbees said:
Grant looked good. Getting back on track. It's good to be Orange today.

Five losses or less in the regular season and ACCT should be a two seed at worst and most years a one.

Great season. Just wish we had the BC game as a win. Otherwise, let's go get 'em!

Everyone played well, especially as we pulled away after FSU climbed to within 1 at 47-46. That was huge -- just when it looked like we were going to unravel, everything clicked. So important heading into the Tourney.

Tempered enthusiasm here. Like what I saw today, now let's build off of it Friday...LGO!

good win, something to build on going into acc tourney quarters. We should be back on the 2 line tommorrow

SUMBA said:
C J hit a shot or two as well....

I only mentioned Grant because of his back. Not that others didn't look good. CJ was en fuego the 2nd half.

I only mentioned Grant because of his back. Not that others didn't look good. CJ was en fuego the 2nd half.

I understand, bees, but CJ had not been hitting his shots lately and he looked great again today.

Cooney hit some biggies as well.

We're baaaa-aaack...

IMHO this was HUGE!! We have been missing those "daggers" since before the Duke game. Every time a game got close, we could never quite get that quick cushion back. Cooney hits two clutch threes and all of a sudden we snatch back the momentum and never look back.

Scoring the ball makes everything else easier.

Everyone played well, especially as we pulled away after FSU climbed to within 1 at 47-46. That was huge -- just when it looked like we were going to unravel, everything clicked. So important heading into the Tourney.
Cooney's back-to-back 3s at that point were just enormous.

I think we're seeing another growth in Ennis' game as well. I noticed in the last few games, there's less of those curl outs with the ball and letting the D set up and missing possible open guys cutting to the basket. Also taking advantage of a faster tempo when it's there. And driving the paint and dishing in the half court. Looks like him and the staff has put in some effort to get more of these things in motion, and is going to make him that much more well rounded and the team better prepared for a tourney run...

That moment at 47-46 we did something I havent seen this team do all year. They choked off the opponent and put them away...

Ummm...I seem to remember quite a few games during the 25 game winning streak where it was close and then we would close on 10-2, 12-3 type runs.

It was good to see us get back to that level again though. Hope we can maintain it.

Cheers,
Neil

Cooney had 2 3's that sparked the run when were up only 1 point, but the SG position let us down again today. Ennis/Fair/Grant all carried the team the first 25 minutes and Cooney hit 2 3pt shots and not much else. If Fair/Grant/Ennis play like today we can survive average Cooney, but in the tourney one of those 3 is bound to have an off night and we need Cooney playing better in that game.

good win, something to build on going into acc tourney quarters. We should be back on the 2 line tommorrow
No reason why we shouldn't be considered for a one, if the entire body of work is being evaluated.

Ummm...I seem to remember quite a few games during the 25 game winning streak where it was close and then we would close on 10-2, 12-3 type runs.

It was good to see us get back to that level again though. Hope we can maintain it.

Cheers,
Neil

Yes but this happened before then. Not last 3 minutes but instead convincingly putting it away earlier. Even winning in the last 3 minutes we were playing with fire up to that point.

Yes but this happened before then. Not last 3 minutes but instead convincingly putting it away earlier. Even winning in the last 3 minutes we were playing with fire up to that point.

Perhaps, but that wasn't the point I was responding to. The poster made it seem as though we have never choked off our opponent to win the game until this one. And that simply is not true. No mention of "when" we did it was made in the post, just that we hadn't done it.

I am, however, grateful that they started it much sooner this game though. It saved me a lot of aggravation and swearing. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Perhaps, but that wasn't the point I was responding to. The poster made it seem as though we have never choked off our opponent to win the game until this one. And that simply is not true. No mention of "when" we did it was made in the post, just that we hadn't done it.

I am, however, grateful that they started it much sooner this game though. It saved me a lot of aggravation and swearing. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

That poster was me :) so you can refer as such and I respectfully disagree. We have done more surviving than really just taking over. I am a glass half full guy myself and certainly appreciate our fortitude in winning those games but in hindsight we failed to take hold of games earlier in those contests putting ourselves in position to have to do it late against arguably poorer opponents. For me today showed some things we havent seen in a while since maybe nova or unc. In fairness the pudding to contain that proof comes friday.

Personally, I am glad we took something away from FSU as well.
Bubblewatch claimed that they badly needed a signature win and were getting us at home when we were down and not playing like our rpi.

I guess that hangman thing still rankles me a bit. I hope we get them again and end their season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom