Weather Alert: Classes Cancelled Mon Dec 2 | Syracusefan.com

Weather Alert: Classes Cancelled Mon Dec 2

Maybe never canceling class caused you guys to become cranky olds.

I’m sure they’re not cancelling because they’re worried about the kids who walk to class. Today is the travel day for everybody that’s returning to campus and if they need an extra day to safely return to campus - then take it.

I sure as hell wouldn’t be driving back to campus today in this weather, if I was a student and was home for Thanksgiving. Not worth it at all.

Orange Xtreme and OrangeDW are the winners. They do not want to put a lot of young drivers on the road driving from NY, NJ, Mass. Conn. Ohio, etc etc etc. Our AZ students are stranded. They can't get in until tomorrow night or Tuesday.

I'm sure more than a few professors can't get back to campus either

It used to take 30 inches to even consider cancelling classes . Have things gone soft.

Chancellor probably thinks the snow is a protest of some sort...

Lots of snow drawings could go down...best to just shut down and keep your eyes open for such things! j/k

Wow .. as recent as 03 we saw record snows and never once had a class cancelled. Times they are a changin.

On the day everybody returns to campus after a Holiday?

Hilarious to me how many people are overlooking that, so they can have their “back in my day” moment, lol.

Nothing to do with a back in the day moment. As someone who missed classes due to weather on the bookends of holidays while on the hill, I sure would have appreciated it then.

My first day of orientation freshman year ‘98, “you will never get classes canceled due to weather”.

I, growing up in upstate, figured that to be the case.

Fast forward to Labor Day Weekend and the crazy storm hit and then we had a day of classes canceled that week. We all had to hang out in the lounge in Day Hall.

All schools are canceled. Lemoyne and OCC are also closed.

We had 2 feet in January 2004 and they didn’t cancel classes.
What the heck is going on?
Unless it’s extremely icy this makes no sense.

Pretty sure it snowed like 40 days in a row around then. I remember counting on my calendar. That said I think they cancelled because of people coming back from the holiday, but it's crazy the amount we used to get and classes were never cancelled.