Weber State penalities for academic dishonest from the NCAA. | Syracusefan.com

Weber State penalities for academic dishonest from the NCAA.

Alsacs

Living Legend
PS reporter who will probably become JB's target one when he does a PC on the NCAA investigation linked to the penalties that Weber State suffered for academic dishonest.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...e-math-instructor-assists-academic-dishonesty
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...e-math-instructor-assists-academic-dishonesty
So Weber State got 3 yr probation and 9 lost football scholarships out of 85. That is a pretty hefty penalty I think. I think we will lose a couple of scholarships and get probation. Those penalties to Weber State should send a chill up UNC's spine.

Weber St isn't part of the P5.

PS reporter who will probably become JB's target one when he does a PC on the NCAA investigation linked to the penalties that Weber State suffered for academic dishonest.

So Weber State got 3 yr probation and 9 lost football scholarships out of 85. That is a pretty hefty penalty I think. I think we will lose a couple of scholarships and get probation. Those penalties to Weber State should send a chill up UNC's spine.
Pardon my ignorance asking this question, but does probation = no bowl? Or is probation an observational period? Something else?

Pardon my ignorance asking this question, but does probation = no bowl? Or is probation an observational period? Something else?
Depends if they add a bowl ban to the penalty.

It pretty much means what it means.

The latter--close scrutiny, whereby they can get in more trouble if they do other infractions.

And I'm not surprised to see Weber State penalized so extensively by the NCAA. After all, UNC's acadmic malfesance was on a grand scale [channeling my inner Tarkanian].

Probation doesn't mean bowl ban. Probation is the legal definition. You have to keep the peace and be in good behavior and have no more trouble with the NCAA or law during the time frame. With probation you can get punished with just allegations and not the higher standard of an actual violation.

Probation doesn't mean bowl ban. Probation is the legal definition. You have to keep the peace and be in good behavior and have no more trouble with the NCAA or law during the time frame. With probation you can get punished with just allegations and not the higher standard of an actual violation.
You mean like something some nimrod might say to the local paper?

I don't think what they got is that severe. They had a Math Instructor (teacher) doing the actual course work online for football players as well as pretty much telling them the answers on tests and quizzes. I haven't heard of us doing anything close to that.

You mean like something some nimrod might say to the local paper?
It would have to be someone affiliated with program under probation. If the BB team got probation JB, his assistants, players would need to be more careful in following NCAA procedures. Any minor violation like an extra hour of practice or something like that would be treated as a more serious violation because of being under probation.

whats worse, paying players like smu or academic dishonesty like unc? in my book, the latter is the worse. i cannot speculate what punishment unc will get, but what it deserves is very harsh.