Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
628x471.jpg

Who must step up for Syracuse now that DaJuan Coleman is out

Syracuse Orange ripe to be plucked by underdogs

Stat guru Ken Pomeroy discusses Syracuse's defense vs. the 3-pointer

Michael Carter-Williams analyzes the final minutes of Syracuse's loss to Villanova

Poliquin: My new 'all-sports shop' opens for business on Monday, Feb. 4. Do drop in for a visit.

Looking for more victims in Counterfeit Syracuse University basketball ticket scam on Craigslist

Video

ML on DC and Syracuse football recruiting

Next Opponent

Pitt's struggles at the line hard to explain

Former Players

Dion had 18 pts 7 assists in loss

Why is Dion Waiters Better Off the Bench?

Boston Celtics recall Fab Melo from D-League

Celtics Recall Fab Melo From Maine

29 of Melo's 42 from the other night

Future Orangemen

Video 1 | Worcester Academy (Massachusetts) Vs Brewster Academy #3 Patterson #5 McCullough

Video 2 | Worcester Academy (Massachusetts) Vs Brewster Academy (New Hampshire)

Recruiting

Chinoso Obokoh did not make the trip
Hoover (OH) vs. Bishop Kearney (NY) - Dunk 4 Diabetes Shootout Thomas Bryant #31 Blue had 27-11-4

Big East News

Big East basketball roundup: Four games slated for Wednesday

Big 10 & BE still top conferences

Wildcats Look to Build on Momentum at Notre Dame

Former Liberty High basketball standout Darrun Hilliard is a rising ...

Young St. John's heating up after early-season struggles

Davante Gardner won't be suspended

Around The Nation

Why WVU doesn't stack up in the 6th best conference the Big 12

Noel's 12 blocks pull UK past Ole Miss

Florida grabs No. 1 seed in East in latest bracket

Afternoon Links: Can defense stop the 3?

Blogs

Former Syracuse Players Are Holding Their Own In NBA D-League

Cuse In The Kinda Pros: Kris Joseph NOT To France, RickJack Is Mr. Double-Double Again

Syracuse Basketball Roundtable #4: What Went Wrong at Villanova?

SU Women's Hoops

Pirates Face 'Cuse in the Dome

Syracuse women's basketball hosts Seton Hall

CNY News

Syracuse native David Muir named co-host of '20/20' on ABC

From Bud's Article on syracuse.com

By 6 p.m.: “Ask Me Anything.” Together, we can go anywhere in this space because pretty much nothing -- well, almost nothing -- will be considered out of bounds. If you’ve got a question about SMG’s approach . . . or about my writing/reporting/opining . . . or about those people, places and things I’ve covered through the years . . . or about any sports-related subject under the proverbial sun, just ask. And I’ll do my best to satisfy with my answers. Send your question(s) to me at bpoliquin@syracuse.com. And please include your name and the identity of your hometown.

At first I thought Bud was going to host a "Chat" until I saw his email at the end. Probably a good idea to do it that way. I have a feeling it would get out of control quickly!

...and MCW being the guy...I do no wrong...I do no wrong...Triche, nobody asked me about him in Louisville game...yup for once you got it right MCW...if you had played an okay game your being the savior would not have been needed...he is really becoming a very large head on an average body...

...and MCW being the guy...I do no wrong...I do no wrong...Triche, nobody asked me about him in Louisville game...yup for once you got it right MCW...if you had played an okay game your being the savior would not have been needed...he is really becoming a very large head on an average body...
Yes, I did not like his saying, "Triche, nobody asked me about him in the Lville game." We did! "Pass it to Triche! Find Triche!" Triche was open he kept the ball, and turned it over.

Yes, I did not like his saying, "Triche, nobody asked me about him in the Lville game." We did! "Pass it to Triche! Find Triche!" Triche was open he kept the ball, and turned it over.

I also didn't like him saying "that's why I play the game and they watch".

Not endearing himself to the fans.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

He definitely has an NBA ego! Let's hope his game catches up with it! Image if Triche had that ego! That would be great...

He definitely has an NBA ego! Let's hope his game catches up with it! Image if Triche had that ego! That would be great...

I don't get his look at the Louisville game either. Sure, after it was tied with 2:30 to go, he scored our last 4 points. Nobody else shot as he dominated the ball then too but not near as much. In that time he missed a 3, missed a layup and made the dunk after his steal. So he was 1-3 shooting and was 2-4 from the FT line. Only the lack of turnovers kept it from being like Nova. But I don't see the step up and be the hero he is trying to portray.

I don't get his look at the Louisville game either. Sure, after it was tied with 2:30 to go, he scored our last 4 points. Nobody else shot as he dominated the ball then too but not near as much. In that time he missed a 3, missed a layup and made the dunk after his steal. So he was 1-3 shooting and was 2-4 from the FT line. Only the lack of turnovers kept it from being like Nova. But I don't see the step up and be the hero he is trying to portray.

Because you are looking at it rationally. The mindset of a great athlete is not rational I'm not calling MCW a great athlete or basketball player, but he thinks he is and F you if you disagree. Believe or not that is a very important trait to for an athlete. If Wes thought that way he could be an all-star, Dion thinks that way and it's how he needs to think. As MCW gets older and smarter he will learn not to say it in the press, but he will be 60yrs old thinking that way. It is the reason why so many athletes can't adjust to regular life after their careers are over. In general it's not a healthy thought process, but is it almost required at the highest level of sports competition.

Since he says he doesn't care what people think or say about him, can I say he's rapidly becoming my least favorite Cuse player ever, and I've been living and dying with the program for 40 years. BTW, in the video of the Brewster game (played at St. Andrews) did you notice MCWs #2 jersey "retired" on the wall. LOL.

Because you are looking at it rationally. The mindset of a great athlete is not rational I'm not calling MCW a great athlete or basketball player, but he thinks he is and F you if you disagree. Believe or not that is a very important trait to for an athlete. If Wes thought that way he could be an all-star, Dion thinks that way and it's how he needs to think. As MCW gets older and smarter he will learn not to say it in the press, but he will be 60yrs old thinking that way. It is the reason why so many athletes can't adjust to regular life after their careers are over. In general it's not a healthy thought process, but is it almost required at the highest level of sports competition.

I think MCW is a great player and will have an NBA career. I just feel he isn't as great as he thinks he is and has some weaknesses that need to be worked on and he sometimes in a game doesn't play to his strengths as much as he should. I talked to him last year in Pitt during the NCAA's and I hear a different kid now than I did then. Don't know what has happened.

Let's not forget,it's Boeheim putting it in his hands.If the coach wanted the ball in Triche's hands,Triche would be holding it out front waiting for the 9 second mark while MCW stood in a corner. So lets not blame the kid for everything Triche

I think MCW is a great player and will have an NBA career. I just feel he isn't as great as he thinks he is and has some weaknesses that need to be worked on and he sometimes in a game doesn't play to his strengths as much as he should. I talked to him last year in Pitt during the NCAA's and I hear a different kid now than I did then. Don't know what has happened.
he read too many press clippings

Let's not forget,it's Boeheim putting it in his hands.If the coach wanted the ball in Triche's hands,Triche would be holding it out front waiting for the 9 second mark while MCW stood in a corner. So lets not blame the kid for everything Triche

He gets the ball in his hands out front to start, but when it is time to "go", he then decides what happens. Yes, it is on MCW. Even though he has a lot to say, not once has MCW said the plan was for me to hold the ball until 10 secs and then beat everyone off the dribble and try to score myself.

Take Waiters' head and multiply by 4...that is what we got with MCW...and that is unfortunate...because right now he is NOT the best player on the team...and not as good a teammate as Dion...whew, did I say that?!

I take print media with a grain of salt. I'm sure his answers were longer than one sentence. I would love to see the entire quote or a video of the interview before I bury the kid.

I take print media with a grain of salt. I'm sure his answers were longer than one sentence. I would love to see the entire quote or a video of the interview before I bury the kid.
There's enough of what he said for me to start digging a hole for him. The best of the best players, college and pro know how to use their teammates to their benefit. If he knows the game as well as he thinks , he shouldn't need to be told give it to Triche or who ever has a hot hand or a better advantage. Some guy named Jordan got his championships just that way. And I believe he had a massive ego too. So MCW just needs to learn this and grow up some. I hope he does it while still playing for SU. So I won't bury him for a while, but the shovel is getting dusted off.

There's enough of what he said for me to start digging a hole for him. The best of the best players, college and pro know how to use their teammates to their benefit. If he knows the game as well as he thinks , he shouldn't need to be told give it to Triche or who ever has a hot hand or a better advantage. Some guy named Jordan got his championships just that way. And I believe he had a massive ego too. So MCW just needs to learn this and grow up some. I hope he does it while still playing for SU. So I won't bury him for a while, but the shovel is getting dusted off.
after our 2nd lose?