Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Articles

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I am temporarily filling in for my good friend OE as he recovers from his surgery. Good well soon Dan.

Current Players

-25b8bbb40b41ab8d.JPG

Review of Where TE, JG and CJ Stand in Mock 2014 NBA Drafts (PS; Axe)

TE: 15, 14, 9, 13, 6, 8, 12
JG: 18, 21, , 18,16,27
CJ: 34, -, -, 23

-d8696f40fe5f3f5b.jpg

Marquette and BC Pros and Cons for Mike Hopkins

Mike Hopkins has been an assistant coach at Syracuse University since 1995. He is the acknowledged heir to Jim Boeheim's head coaching seat whenever Boeheim decides to retire.

But in recent years, Hopkins' name has surfaced more and more in conjunction with head coaching opportunities at other schools. Last year, Hopkins was one of the two final candidates for the University of Southern California job. USC wound up going with former Florida Gulf Coast coach Andy Enfield.

Already this spring, Hopkins has been mentioned in connection with openings at Marquette and Boston College.

On the surface, it makes sense that Hopkins would be connected with both of those jobs. Boston College is a former Big East school that currently plays in the ACC. Hopkins knows both leagues well. He also has a vast amount of experience recruiting in BC's geographical footprint.

bmk-buffalo-daisjpg-8888a002c7cc941b.jpg

Big Man BMK Bids Farewell to Syracuse Basketball

He sat quietly on a bench in the Syracuse locker room, his knee brace folded beside him.

Baye Moussa Keita played his final game in an Orange uniform last Saturday. His Syracuse team lost to Dayton 55-53, relinquishing its chance to reach the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament. And for Keita, the senior center, the moment marked the end of his college basketball career.

"The four years have been great," he said. "Every year there was something great that I could remember. I will never forget. And it's kind of a little bit sad, knowing that this was my last game here. Kind of just overwhelming right now."

14364802-mmmain.jpg

CJ Fair Leaves Syracuse with Incredible Legacy

Fair eschewed the NBA draft a year ago to return for his senior year at Syracuse. He turned in an outstanding year that solidified his place in Syracuse history.

Fair led the Orange in scoring at 16.4 points per game. He was the Orange's leading scorer in 17 out of 34 games. He was in double-figures in 31 out of SU's 34 games.

He was a finalist of the Naismith, Wooden and Oscar Robertson player of the year awards. He was named first-team All-ACC and second-team All-American.

Fair's season wasn't perfect though. His 3-point shooting percentage dropped dramatically from 47 percent as a junior to 27 percent this past season. For the second straight season, he committed twice as many turnovers as he had assists.

Tyler Ennis and the NBA Draft: Arguments Pro and Con for Leaving Early

Will Tyler Ennis' first year at Syracuse University also be his last?

Inserted into Syracuse's starting lineup right from the get-go as the successor to Michael Carter-Williams, Ennis met or exceeded nearly everybody's expectations. He averaged 12.9 points per game and led the Atlantic Coast Conference in both assists and steals.

After the incredible 25-0 start, Syracuse's season spiraled downward, but Ennis' play actually went up. Syracuse wound up 28-6 on the season after winning just three of its last nine games, but Ennis averaged 16.2 points and 5.1 assists in those nine games.

So now, Ennis and his family will ponder the decision to enter the NBA or return to Syracuse for his sophomore season.

He could become just the third player in Jim Boeheim's 38-year coaching tenure to leave Syracuse for the NBA after just one year, joining Carmelo Anthony and Donte Greene. Or he could follow the path of other former Syracuse players such as Billy Owens, John Wallace and Hakim Warrick who elected to spend another year in college before starting their pro careers.

Here is a breakdown of the arguments for entering the NBA draft and for staying in college for one more year...

ACC News

ACC Basketball Tourney Done Deal to Brooklyn (USA Today)

Press conference at 10 AM today where deal is expected to be formally announced.

NC State Star TJ Warren Reportedly Will Declare for the Draft

The Syracuse men's basketball team won't have to worry about T.J. Warren next year.

The North Carolina State forward, who helped send Syracuse home after one game in the ACC tournament and continued the Orange's late-season slide, will declare for the NBA Draft, according to a report by Yahoo.

South Suffers Another Loss as ACC Tourney Moves to NYC

Former Players

14567051-mmmain.jpg

Dion Scores 24 to Lead Cavs Past Toronto

Dion Waiters scored 24 points and Luol Deng added 19 as the Cleveland Cavaliers prevented Toronto from getting closer to a playoff spot with a 102-100 win over the Raptors on Tuesday night.

The Cavs blew a 21-point lead, but made just enough plays down the stretch to snap a five-game losing streak at home.

Brandon Triche Hopes to Become an Italian League All Star

Since I last talked to you, we still have been playing good basketball. In the first half of the season, I think we were a surprise for teams but now we have the target on our back. Still No. 1 in our league, but games are a lot tougher now and we added more losses.

The first 17 games for me was a roller-coaster ride. Up and down, which is typical for a first-year player in this league. It took me a while to find a consistent focus but I found it. I started to focus on the little things and correcting those, and it indirectly helped me with my game.

For instance, one day I just did a complete house clean. From dishes, to mopping, to trash, to laundry, I completely cleaned everything. Around that time, I started a diet that consisted of low carbs (no pasta, bread, pizza), no excess sugar or salt, no fried foods and only lean protein meats.

I also added a few things to my diet such as various fruits (strawberries, apples, bananas, peaches, kiwis), various veggies (zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, and mixed green veggies), various high protein nuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts/peanut butter), raisins, granola, and low-fat yogurt.

Last edited:
I only read OE's articles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom