Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Articles

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I am temporarily filling in for OE as he recovers from surgery. Get well soon Dan.

SU News

images

Chris McCullough Awaits Qualifying Score, Should Know Soon (PS; Ditota)

Chris McCullough, the willowy forward, would have preferred to be on Syracuse's campus already.

One of two acclaimed Orange 2014 basketball recruits, McCullough instead is home in the Bronx, awaiting results of two standardized tests that will qualify him to play as a college freshman.

McCullough said by telephone today that he took those tests — the SAT and the ACT — in late April/early May. He believes he achieved sufficient scores to play for Syracuse this season.

"I know I did pretty good," he said. "I studied hard and had a tutor to help me."

maxresdefault.jpg

Tyler Lydon

SU Verbal Tyler Lydon Invited to Tryout Camp for USA Basketball's Under 18 Team (PS; Waters)

Syracuse University basketball recruit Tyler Lydon, a 6-foot-9 forward out of Pine Plains, N.Y., has received an invitational to the tryout camps for USA Basketball's Under-18 national team.

Lydon, who attended New Hampton (N.H.) Prep this past season, said he just recently received the invitation to the tryouts, which will be held on June 10-19 at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.

Lydon will join another Syracuse recruit, Malachi Richardson, at the U18 trials. Lydon, Richardson and the other invitees will vie for a spot on the 12-member team that will represent the United States in the 2014 FIBA Americas U18 Championship this summer. The FIBA Americas U18 tournament will be held at Colorado Springs, Colo., from June 20-24.

Former Players
15054490-mmmain.jpg

Hakim Warrick Leans His Team's Draw in $500K Tournament (PS; Waters)

Hakim Warrick now knows which teams stand between him and the $500,000 prize in The Basketball Tournament.

The Basketball Tournament, an innovative event with 32 teams competing in a winner-take-all format for $500,000, will be held at Philadelphia University on June 6-8, with the championship game on June 28.

Warrick is part of a team that was put together by former Temple player Mark Tyndale, who played for a pro team in Israel last year.

The Basketball Tournament recently released its 32-team bracket on the tournament website.

Other
http://news.syr.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Crouse-College-Chimes-2.jpg

125th Anniversity of Crouse Chimes to be Celebrated with Concert (syr.edu)

The 125th anniversary of Crouse College’s chimes will be celebrated on Tuesday, June 3, at 6 p.m. with a special concert by the student group the Chimesmasters. The public is invited to sit on the lawns surrounding Crouse College and enjoy the free concert.

The Chimesmasters, who are responsible for ringing the chimes regularly throughout the academic year and for special occasions, will present a program featuring classical, contemporary, patriotic and pop music.