Week 11 Uniform for Wake | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Week 11 Uniform for Wake

Should have done camouflage then. The problem isn’t doing a one off, it’s that they are rarely ever right. So there is no real one off. It’s just a weekly mish mash. And those younguns on twitter and Instagram have an SU history going back about 5 years. They don’t get tradition.

I’m just excited that we have fans who don’t remember those days. For a while there we were giving them very little reason to be excited. That’s more important than looking like the McNabb era.

We need a uniform builder app and competition on the board. Put all that uniform hate to good use. It seems we have a good 50 or 60 uniform experts on the board so should expect some real masterpieces.
I think you will find that the "experts" are stuck in the 80's and/or 90's and the uniforms that are lauded will reflect that.

Progress.

I’ve said it before, the day we first put on the mac and coach p era uniforms, somewhere there was an older fan thinking, “those are hideous, why can’t we go back to the old Chuck Zimmerman uniforms?”.

I’ve said it before, the day we first put on the mac and coach p era uniforms, somewhere there was an older fan thinking, “those are hideous, why can’t we go back to the old Chuck Zimmerman uniforms?”.

Absolutely true but let’s test it to find out. This uniform is more about what is to come from the school next year and beyond.

The spaceship of modern college football at SU will lift off next year for sure. That will include New and old styles i hope.

I don’t just hate all new uniformss I just dislike the designs of the new uniforms.
I have no problem with new uniforms.
Also we need to always have a good amount of Orange in the uniforms.
These grays can’t even get orange numerals.

The lack of Orange for a team nicknamed the orange is just stupid.

Last edited:
Love the 44, love it for one game a year on our helmets. Bring back the lore. May get it tatted on my cep

Awesome - we look like Georgetown.

Maybe Nike can let USC wear green (camo) uniforms to honor the troops. And, because we're lucky to have the troops, they can wear big four leaf clovers on their helmets to signify that luck. I'm sure their fans would have no issue w/ that.

Should have done camouflage then. The problem isn’t doing a one off, it’s that they are rarely ever right. So there is no real one off. It’s just a weekly mish mash. And those younguns on twitter and Instagram have an SU history going back about 5 years. They don’t get tradition.
Exactly - it's destroying equity, as there is no consistency. It's a race to please 14 year old kids who would otherwise spend their day cowering in safe spaces while worrying about microaggressions.

But in jumping into that race, we weaken some of what differentiates us from (insert low level P5 here), which is brand recognition and a tangible link to the past.

We just need to win this so badly, I don't have time to care what we're wearing.

As long as those keeping score know which team we are.
This x1000^2. Just win. I need football post November! I don't care if we wear some 19th century pink and green uni's. Just win the game.

This x1000^2. Just win. I need football post November! I don't care if we wear some 19th century pink and green uni's. Just win the game.

No matter how bad their defense is, I think having to rely on a win at Louisville with Lamar Jackson in order to have a chance to get to a bowl game is bad for business.

Get #5 this weekend, and we'll all feel a lot better.

I mean, I can't say I love the idea of the Orange wearing Gray, but... bigger issues.

Let's go Gray-ay! Let's go Gray-ay! Sounds weird. But I'll do it if we can beat Wake

The more I look at the helmet, the more I love it. Hated there was no S. Don't care, anymore.

You want classic uni's? I don't wanna see them, until this team is ranked. They don't come back, til Syracuse is back. Looking forward to that reveal.

Its not like the Military is grey or gray either? go funky and blue/orange cammo..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom