Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday - Weekend Articles for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Saturday Weekend Articles for Basketball

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Michael Carter-Williams gets his triple-double this time (CNY in the NBA) (PS: Murray)

16900053-large.jpg

I had no idea that different teams use different balls, and that there are 7 different makes. I guess this adds one more facet to the home court advantage. And the "tight" and "loose" rims that are often cited may actually have more to do with the ball inflation. The feel of the ball probably doesn't have much effect on the big men, but I'll bet it does the shooters.
I wonder what ball is used for the NCAA tourney? Or is this decided by the "home" team (higher seed)?

Syracuse Men's Basketball invited special guests from Fort Drum and Syracuse's Army ROTC unit to a special look inside the Melo Center. This has become a tradition with the basketball program and has been a developing relationship over the last five years.

Hey, did you ever wonder what super power Tyler Lydon would choose? Sure you did! http://.com/stretching-the-floor-with-su-hoops-commit-tyler-lydon/

Spoiler alert, because it's just too perfect: the big knock on Tyler is that he needs to get stronger, and the super power he chose is super strength. Too perfect.