Welcome to Atlanta, a few FYIs | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to Atlanta, a few FYIs

Victory Lap

Scout Team
I'm looking forward to seeing Orange in Atlanta over the next week. There are currently film crews all over the city filming Anchorman 2, so keep your eyes peeled for Ron Burgundy.

A few quick nightlife FYIs:

(1) Clubs / loud bars / dancing / celebrity sightings - go to Buckhead (See Tongue & Groove, Havana, East Andrews) or Midtown (See Opera, Ri-Ra)
(2) Popular bars for twenty somethings - go to Virginia Highlands (See Fontaines, Dark Horse, Hand in Hand)
(3) Hipster bars / Dives - go to Little Five Points (See Vortex, Brewhouse) and East Atlanta Village (See Graveyard, Midway Pub)
(4) Quieter, classy restaurants and bars and a calmer crowd - go to Downtown Decatur (See Leon's, Brick Store, Iberian Pig)
(5) For Young Professionals - go to Inman Park (See Barcelona, Victory Bar) and Midtown
(6) For a strange mix of dive, classy, urban, and people watching - go to Fourth Ward (See Nonis, Soundtable, and the infamous Sister Louisa's Church Bar).
(7) Strip Clubs - Magic City (urban), Cheetah (class(ier)), Pink Pony (most popular), Clermont Lounge (warning! this is a strange place nicknamed "Where strippers go to die" - it's an Atlanta Institution).

Ahhh... the good ole' Clermont Lounge. Suggestion to anyone thinking of going... drink a LOT, and I mean a LOT before arriving so your vision in severely impaired. That way you will be able to stomach what you see parading around without their clothes. Very comical place which is why sometimes my buddy and I would stop by at the end of a long drunkin' fest.

I'm looking forward to seeing Orange in Atlanta over the next week. There are currently film crews all over the city filming Anchorman 2, so keep your eyes peeled for Ron Burgundy.

A few quick nightlife FYIs:

(1) Clubs / loud bars / dancing / celebrity sightings - go to Buckhead (See Tongue & Groove, Havana, East Andrews) or Midtown (See Opera, Ri-Ra)
(2) Popular bars for twenty somethings - go to Virginia Highlands (See Fontaines, Dark Horse, Hand in Hand)
(3) Hipster bars / Dives - go to Little Five Points (See Vortex, Brewhouse) and East Atlanta Village (See Graveyard, Midway Pub)
(4) Quieter, classy restaurants and bars and a calmer crowd - go to Downtown Decatur (See Leon's, Brick Store, Iberian Pig)
(5) For Young Professionals - go to Inman Park (See Barcelona, Victory Bar) and Midtown
(6) For a strange mix of dive, classy, urban, and people watching - go to Fourth Ward (See Nonis, Soundtable, and the infamous Sister Louisa's Church Bar).
(7) Strip Clubs - Magic City (urban), Cheetah (class(ier)), Pink Pony (most popular), Clermont Lounge (warning! this is a strange place nicknamed "Where strippers go to die" - it's an Atlanta Institution).

He nailed it perfectly.

Sports bars: stats and Hudson grille are both walking distance to stadium. They'll be great all week

Also... If in the area of Smyrna, stop by Siracusa's. it's a neighborhood pizza/pub restaurant and the owners are great guys from Cuse.

Where is the SU pre & post-game gathering going to be?
I don't know of any official place yet, but I would suggest a pre-game gathering at the SkyLounge at the Glenn Hotel. It's within walking distance of the dome, and it's the best view of Atlanta in the city (on the rooftop on the 18th floor). Otherwise, I would suggest Taco MAC CNN Center.

Post-game, either SkyLounge or Stats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom