Welcome to the ACC(all Carolina Conference) | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the ACC(all Carolina Conference)

brsecu

Walk On
This is what us UMD fans have been complaining about fie years. You might have missed it but we lost by one point there and they "made an administrative error" and gave Duke the ball on a jump ball when we had the arrow. This is Duke defense. They flop and hand check all day long. K owns the refs. Also, the ACC tournament is not your friend. It's in Carolina every year. You travel really well so I'm sure you'll hate Greensboro every year. I was hoping you would win but you'll have to be 2x the team they are to win down there.
Good luck in the tourney.

What a ridiculous post. Remember when the ACC tried Washington D.C. as a Tournament location in 2005 and it failed miserably? The reason the ACC Tournament has been in Greensboro most years than not is because Greensboro has proven to attract the highest attendance, which provides the most money for the conference. Despite D.C.'s failure in 2005, the ACC is trying it again next year as a Tournament location, to see if the additions of Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame are going to make a difference with D.C.

The ACC Tournament isn't Maryland's friend because Maryland hasn't really had a strong program since 2004. They've been really up and down since that period (mostly down) and 95% of the time throughout the ACC's existence, Carolina and Duke have just simply been better than Maryland. Heck, NC State has a more impressive basketball history than Maryland.

I didn't hear this many people complaining when Syracuse beat Duke after the no call on Rodney Hood's dunk attempt.

Maryland fans have been complaining for years because thats what they do. They whine and complain. When Maryland announced they were leaving for the Big Ten, there wasn't a single fanbase in the ACC that was sorry. Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia and Wake Forest were actually pretty happy that Maryland was leaving because Maryland's fanbase has just proven over the years not to be very classy.

Its not the ACC's or the referees fault that North Carolina, Duke, NC State and Wake Forest have more ACC Men's Basketball Championships than Maryland. The SEC Football Championship Game is in Georgia every year, but you don't see anyone else in the SEC complaining.

Of course attendance at the ACCT is better in Greensboro...it's a very short drive from the 4 NC schools. Built in homecourt advantage. That doesn't make it fair to the other schools in the conference to always hold it there. I think you'll see that the Cuse, Pitt, Louisville fan bases will sell out the Verizon Center in DC by themselves even if fans from the other schools don't attend.

This is what us UMD fans have been complaining about fie years. You might have missed it but we lost by one point there and they "made an administrative error" and gave Duke the ball on a jump ball when we had the arrow. This is Duke defense. They flop and hand check all day long. K owns the refs. Also, the ACC tournament is not your friend. It's in Carolina every year. You travel really well so I'm sure you'll hate Greensboro every year. I was hoping you would win but you'll have to be 2x the team they are to win down there.
Good luck in the tourney.
Go away, Twerp.
We'll handle whatever issues come up in our new league and certainly don't need your input. You can look forward to your new rivalries w/ Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, and Rutgers- as u watch us battle in the best conference in the country.
Sorry, I'm not one for an outsider to come in and start bad-mouthing what we are now a part of. If there are gonna be problems, they'll be our problems...not yours!
Scram!

If you think it's an All Carolina Conference, check a Board called PackPride. They will inform you that a good part of the state of North Carolina is involved in a massive conspiracy to force them out of the ACC entirely. :)

This is great! Pissing match between Wake and Maryland on the Syracuse board.

We have arrived, gentlemen. We have arrived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom