We'll go as far as Guerrier and Goodine can take us | Syracusefan.com

We'll go as far as Guerrier and Goodine can take us

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Those are the two guys that see minutes with upside left.

Everybody else, we pretty know what they are and what they're going to be this season. If Guerrier and Goodine can settle in and make strides, that's where our improvement will come from. I don't think Guerrier is far. He's still figuring out what he can and can't do and can and can't get away with at this level, but it's starting to come together.

Goodine needs to play. We need to let him learn on the job. Buddy is playing too much, and Girard isn't in the kind of condition needed to log heavy minutes against any backcourt that will make him work (nor should he be expected to be as a true freshman). I believe both can be a lot more efficient and effective with a little more time to catch their breath on the bench. That's not a knock on Girard. He's much better, much more sound, and far more skilled overall than I expected. It is a little bit of a knock on Buddy. I still maintain he shoots a bit too much.

I'd like to see more Edwards, but it's not going to happen.

Not too worried about Quincy. He’ll be a solid role player for us. Goodine has looked very lost so that concerns me. I understand he’s just a freshman but it’s gonna take awhile with him. I know Boeheim doesn’t like the grad transfer route but he has to put this stubbornness aside sometimes. There’s no way he could have thought this team he is putting out on the floor could have done damage in the ACC. It really concerns me.

We also need Braswell to improve. I would love to see pick and pop/pick and roll with Braswell and Hughes.

Those are the two guys that see minutes with upside left.

Everybody else, we pretty know what they are and what they're going to be this season. If Guerrier and Goodine can settle in and make strides, that's where our improvement will come from. I don't think Guerrier is far. He's still figuring out what he can and can't do and can and can't get away with at this level, but it's starting to come together.

Goodine needs to play. We need to let him learn on the job. Buddy is playing too much, and Girard isn't in the kind of condition needed to log heavy minutes against any backcourt that will make him work (nor should he be expected to be as a true freshman). I believe both can be a lot more efficient and effective with a little more time to catch their breath on the bench. That's not a knock on Girard. He's much better, much more sound, and far more skilled overall than I expected. It is a little bit of a knock on Buddy. I still maintain he shoots a bit too much.

I'd like to see more Edwards, but it's not going to happen.
Girard is also a frosh. He can get better. He has to be a better shooter than he has shown

Girard is also a frosh. He can get better. He has to be a better shooter than he has shown
Agreed, and I think he will prove to be. But the amount of minutes he plays is a factor here

This team isn't good enough to not have Braswell and Edwards not play...Sidibe brings nothing at the center position, can Edwards be any worst...at least he's a scoring threat. Boehiem plays Buddy even when it's not deserving...Buddy's a shooter whose shot isn't falling, Goodine needs to play more.

Not too worried about Quincy. He’ll be a solid role player for us. Goodine has looked very lost so that concerns me. I understand he’s just a freshman but it’s gonna take awhile with him. I know Boeheim doesn’t like the grad transfer route but he has to put this stubbornness aside sometimes. There’s no way he could have thought this team he is putting out on the floor could have done damage in the ACC. It really concerns me.

It has concerned me for the last 5 years. This is merely the culmination.

Well apparently he did because he said they could be good in the preseason unless he was blowing smoke up the fans but.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom