well i guess i'll say it...Congratulations Coach! | Syracusefan.com

well i guess i'll say it...Congratulations Coach!

orangehomer

All American
i think there are too many people that are taking this milestone for granted. it's a very, very strong possibility that no other coach will duplicate this feat in our lifetimes. you guys obsess yourselves with minutia, and seem to have no apprecation for the big picture. we have a coaching legend. this program is rolling. yet the only posts are about hearsay and margin of victory. this is the golden age y'all, enjoy it now.

Great, great post. Much needed perspective!

900 is 900, that's a lot. Only three guys have attained that level. Thanks, Jim Boeheim. All 900 in Orange, too. So far the only guy with 900 wins with the same team.

EDIT: somehow I didn't see the huge thread about his gun control remarks, or I would have put my comments there. Nonetheless...

Jim Boeheim's accomplishments will go down in folklore! How fortunate we have been and how much fun have we had? (Remember, we can't appreciate the highs unless we have seen some lows. It's the duality of life.) But perhaps what I am even prouder of is how he spoke out about changing our gun laws. The paper said that instead of watching old movies as he normally does on game day, he watched the news. And then he came out last night with an impassioned plea to change our thinking and our laws, and demanding that politicians get it done.

Coach, you are simply the best!

i think there are too many people that are taking this milestone for granted. it's a very, very strong possibility that no other coach will duplicate this feat in our lifetimes. you guys obsess yourselves with minutia, and seem to have no apprecation for the big picture. we have a coaching legend. this program is rolling. yet the only posts are about hearsay and margin of victory. this is the golden age y'all, enjoy it now.
I agree. When reading the negative posts here, I sometimes think that Igor and BlueCurtain must have ten pseudonyms each.

Orangehomer is exactly right. We have a coach who has accomplished what few have or ever will and some of the posters spend all night and part of today on a sixth grade level gossip session.

Congrats to you JB. You've earned all the accolades you'll receive for the 900 wins and more to come! SUball

here ya go from last night. We're with you!

http://syracusefan.com/threads/congrats-jb.39278/

http://syracusefan.com/threads/enough-nitpicking-congrats-to-jb.39282/#post-453425