We'll never win a NC playing like that... | Syracusefan.com

We'll never win a NC playing like that...

Orangemen

All Conference
BFD, we weren't playing for a NC today.

We weathered the Fab storm, and it looks like he'll be back soon. This team will be a better team when he gets back.

This game may have been ugly, but it was a win. Next time we have a close game, this experience will be in every one of our players heads. They'll know that they can pull out a win no matter what else is going on around them.

I couldn't be happier with this win. Tight game, showed composure, have more than a few things they'll all be focused on learning.

Just give us back Fab, and we'll be good to go.

I agree with most of this... but I don't think we win a 2nd round game playing like that.

Could not have said it better myself. Well be fine dont really see what the panic is. Fab will be back either for St. Johns or Georgetown. Were good !!!

BFD, we weren't playing for a NC today.

We weathered the Fab storm, and it looks like he'll be back soon. This team will be a better team when he gets back.

This game may have been ugly, but it was a win. Next time we have a close game, this experience will be in every one of our players heads. They'll know that they can pull out a win no matter what else is going on around them.

I couldn't be happier with this win. Tight game, showed composure, have more than a few things they'll all be focused on learning.

Just give us back Fab, and we'll be good to go.

I guess that also means UNC and Duke have no chance to win NC b/c of how they played against Fla. St. No Gottleib comment then, and they BOTH LOST.

Well be fine dont really see what the panic is. Fab will be back either for St. Johns or Georgetown. Were good !!!
You can't possibly know this. You or anyone that says he will be back. No one knows that. You can say you hope he will be back, and I do. This situation appears to be so fluid, I don't think even JB knows. And if he doesn't know, neither do you. Silly statement.

You can't possibly know this. You or anyone that says he will be back. No one knows that. You can say you hope he will be back, and I do. This situation appears to be so fluid, I don't think even JB knows. And if he doesn't know, neither do you. Silly statement.

I've been waiting all day for someone to say this, or even comment on how people know we will suddenly play better against teams that are tougher than WVU.

As much as I liked the real mantonio's posts last year, it seems like many folks here are vying for his position today.

Come to think of it, UConn won a NC playing worse than that

Okay i hope he will be back soon, I like to think positive with the glass half full

I agree with most of this... but I don't think we win a 2nd round game playing like that.
You don't think WVU is good enough to be in the round of 32?

You don't think WVU is good enough to be in the round of 32?

They may be, but we barely beat them AT HOME and may not have if the refs didn't miss that easy call. I think we've had enough experience seeing teams bring their best in the NCAAs to know today's level of play in the 2nd round could potentially translate into a loss.

If we did go into OT with 1 of our bigs already fouled out and the other with 4 fouls, I think there is a decent chance we lose.

They may be, but we barely beat them AT HOME and may not have if the refs didn't miss that easy call. I think we've had enough experience seeing teams bring their best in the NCAAs to know today's level of play in the 2nd round could potentially translate into a loss.

If we did go into OT with 1 of our bigs already fouled out and the other with 4 fouls, I think there is a decent chance we lose.
There's also a decent chance this whole controversial ending would have never happened if the refs got the call right when WVU threw the ball out, which they called off Scoop, which then resulted immediately in a WVU 3. See what happens when we play the what if game...

There's also a decent chance this whole controversial ending would have never happened if the refs got the call right when WVU threw the ball out, which they called off Scoop, which then resulted immediately in a WVU 3. See what happens when we play the what if game...

I agree with you, but all I am saying is that it was close enough where it could have easily been a loss without the call(if Jones' 3 goes in). I'm really hoping their play picks up, with or without Fab.

Or if they'd caught the West Virginia moving screen that freed up a three in the first half, or the four-step trip into the lane that got them a lay-up, or the mugging of Kris that was called a held ball, or...

The "ifs and buts" game is tired. There's one conclusion that can be drawn, and it's not that this is a tainted win. College basketball officials are bad at what they do and the conferences need to do something about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom