Well, Now That We're F***ed... | Syracusefan.com

Well, Now That We're F***ed...

...how about a 5-for-1 with UConn, and we'll play the one home game at MetLife? Or Rich Stadium? Your pick!

Pass the bleach.
Poor Zak. I can imagine your pain. I appreciate your strong UConn ties and all, but you're welcome to become an SU fan. You've made a lot of friends here. :)

I honestly believe UConn will eventually get a seat at the table. I'm not one of those SU fans that hates them so much I want the program to die. I just hate them enough to want to beat them once a year in football, twice in the regular season in basketball and once in the postseason.

I'd imagine once the key conferences go to 16, UConn gets in somewhere. At this point, likely in the makeshift remains of the last big conference. Still, in is better than out and it's better than the Big "East."

I have been wondering where the heck has your AD been? I feel like your President has worked her tail off thru back channels to try and repair some damage. However, in my opinion the collateral damage of UConn and your now Sen. Blumenthal's lawsuit against the ACC has ticked off Miami and other schools. There is no doubt in my mind UConn fits the ACC way better than Louisville academically and athletically. I haven't heard anything from the UConn AD working on this for your program. It has to be the lawsuit and some programs can't get over their own spite. I think eventually your time will come, but it sucks for good fans.

See, the "funny" part is that I can't even make an "I'd rather see the program destroyed and rendered permanently irrelevent than root for Syracuse" joke because IT'S ACTUALLY F***ING HAPPENING.

You guys will eventually be fine. It may be a couple years of hell, but I would think you end up in the ACC in a matter of 3 or 4 years.

UConn will land on its feet. You can see with Rutgers that you just have to wait. The B1G and ACC will go to 16 and uconn will have a place.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

UConn will land somewhere. Women's basketball too important.
Not Sure if serious.jpg

This is not all bad for UConn. The first thing that is important to their future is for the ACC to hang together and move forward. Otherwise, getting in might provide only temporary relief. If the ACC mives on it is only a matter of time before adding UConn.

UCONN will eventually be fine. The music is still playing and there are still seats to be had. My greatest fear actually is UCONN getting a B1G invite and the ACC imploding - that would be our doomsday scenario.

While others laughed that rutgirls and UConn would be in the MAC, I've said all along that both would be in big boy conferences eventually. UConn will be fine in time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree...but their fate is out of their hands. Either someone else has to leave or ND has to commit as a full member. If ND ever does commit, UConn's inclusion to the ACC will likely get announced in similar fashion to how Rutger's came the following day after MD's announcement.

ND holds UCONNs faith. If they even come on as a full member. They are the dancing partner. The only way it doesn't is if ND really wants Navy. Yuck.

My hatered runs deep for uconn...but I still would like to see you in the ACC to lock up the NE, and to keep some rivalry going...And I eventually believe you will get an invite.

Let me add to the chorus that UConn will be fine. You have an excellent athletics department, good academics, and the state of Connecticut to offer.

Your stay in purgatory will be a short one, I'm sure.

Cheers,
Neil

I've never wished ill will for rutgers, wv and I won't for uconn as well. I hope things work out for them as they were our biggest rival for the past 5-10 years in hoops...gt sucked and still does.

...how about a 5-for-1 with UConn, and we'll play the one home game at MetLife? Or Rich Stadium? Your pick!

Pass the bleach.

The unfortunate thing is I think that for ACC purposes, UCONN's fate is tied to ND becoming a full member. In the even that happens, UCONN is the logical choice. And that's really too bad because UCONN deserves better than BE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom