Well that was a really successful OOC | Syracusefan.com

Well that was a really successful OOC

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Would have been nice to win the St. Bonaventure game, but I've been looking at anything good we get out if this season as gravy, and we don't have any bad losses at this point in the season.

We can compete.

Would have been nice to win the St. Bonaventure game, but I've been looking at anything good we get out if this season as gravy, and we don't have any bad losses at this point in the season.

We can compete.
Agreed. We are two games better than I expected

After that one preseason game where we looked like a middle school team, every SU fan on Earth would have signed up for losing to Kansas and then dropping one more in the non-conference.

We're around a 10/11ish seed right now, which is totally fine in my book.

The way I see it is, if you're going to put yourself in two 13 point deficits, I'm fine with taking one out of two there.

ESPECIALLY since it was against the Hoyas. :cool:

At the start of the season I thought we would likely be 10-3 at this point so I am happy we only have two losses. That Bonnies loss was frustrating, but not sure it will hurt us too much in the big picture. We have to win at least 9 in conference play and 10 would be a real bonus. Gotta win at least one in the ACC tournament this year as well. Don't know if these are possible considering the struggles on offense. Let's face up to it, any success will be predicated on our defense and we will go as far as it can take us.

Last edited:
This was a great OOC especially compared to last year, when a team that had greater expectations, probably more talent and definitely more depth was 8-5 with losses to Georgetown, UConn and St Johns. I am happy with 11-2

Yes, the 11-2 OOC record is nice. And if I had to make a choice between the 2 of winning Bonnies v GTown, I'm glad it's GTown. Getting an away win (to go along with a neutral win) takes away a potential negative talking point that could of carried over from last year.

On the downside losing Geno and Sid keep expectations from rising. I'm still viewing it as a developmental year. Keep the win streak alive and hopefully sneak in the NCAAT. Then this season will be a successful stepping stone back into the SU bball we expect. Future looks bright.

Yes, the 11-2 OOC record is nice. And if I had to make a choice between the 2 of winning Bonnies v GTown, I'm glad it's GTown. Getting an away win (to go along with a neutral win) takes away a potential negative talking point that could of carried over from last year.

On the downside losing Geno and Sid keep expectations from rising. I'm still viewing it as a developmental year. Keep the win streak alive and hopefully sneak in the NCAAT. Then this season will be a successful stepping stone back into the SU bball we expect. Future looks bright.
I think this is the healthiest way to look at things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom