Well, you guys sure talk a good game... | Syracusefan.com

Well, you guys sure talk a good game...

cto

Administrator
For more than six months, CuseTroop has suggested we could send packages to Fort Drum servicemen who are deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. And hundreds of folks responded and said it was a great idea.

Last month, CuseTroop decided it was time to act ... and he asked how many people were ready to participate. Sadly, the response, over several weeks, was exactly NINE posters.

BTW, it is now too late to respond to him. He did a lot of work contacting Fort Drum, setting it up logistically, getting names of soldiers, creating a mailing schedule, explaining how to best send APO packages, etc. Given the anemic response, it would not be fair to ask him to do this work again.

The first four packages are going out next week. I hope they make four young men far from home very happy.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^WOW! (In a good sense--wow!)^^^^^

I donated money. Was there something else I was to do?

Oburg,,, I am specifically discussing the adopt-a-soldier package-mailing effort that CuseTroop has been trying to promote during the past few months. If you donated money to a previous effort last fall, that is great, and I didn't mean to overlook you. Thank you. ;)

Oburg,,, I am specifically discussing the adopt-a-soldier package-mailing effort that CuseTroop has been trying to promote during the past few months. If you donated money to a previous effort last fall, that is great, and I didn't mean to overlook you. Thank you. ;)
I didn't realize there was a package-mailing effort as well.

I didn't realize there was a package-mailing effort as well.

There was. You were not one of the people who said they would like to be on the list. Apparently some of the people who said they would didn't. That's life. We'll get over it. All good.

OburgOrange said:
I donated money. Was there something else I was to do?

Oburg, your donated money went to sending a sh!tt ton of Syracuse football shirts for our boys to use at the gym. Let's them get out of uniform for a little bit each day.

You're the man, brotha!

Oburg, your donated money went to sending a sh!tt ton of Syracuse football shirts for our boys to use at the gym. Let's them get out of uniform for a little bit each day.

You're the man, brotha!

CuseTroop can we do that again? I missed the money opportunity as well, but love the idea of getting Cuse gear to our soldiers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom