Well, you guys sure talk a good game... | Syracusefan.com

Well, you guys sure talk a good game...

cto

Administrator
For more than six months, CuseTroop has suggested we could send packages to Fort Drum servicemen who are deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. And hundreds of folks responded and said it was a great idea.

Last month, CuseTroop decided it was time to act ... and he asked how many people were ready to participate. Sadly, the response, over several weeks, was exactly NINE posters.

BTW, it is now too late to respond to him. He did a lot of work setting it up logistically, contacting Fort Drum, getting names of soldiers, creating a mailing schedule, explaining how to best send APO packages, etc. Given the anemic response, it would not be fair to ask him to do this work again.

The first four packages are going out next week. I hope they make four young men far from home very happy.

Last edited:
Sorry it took this thread to get me involved. Shame on me!!

JarHeadJim said it best in his post. It is such a huge moral booster.

There may be some that already send packages. My wife and I do, as our son-in-law is on his second deployment to Afghanistan. This after one to Iraq. So this really hits close to home.

If you are not one of the nine, remember: Its never too late to do something good!!!! Never ever too late.

I can only hope CTO, Cusetroop and those that responded cause others to do it. Find someone who is deployed, find what they may want and need and send it. It is such a small effort on our part to make a huge difference for them. Its well worth the effort.

For more than six months, CuseTroop has suggested we could send packages to Fort Drum servicemen who are deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. And hundreds of folks responded and said it was a great idea.

Last month, CuseTroop decided it was time to act ... and he asked how many people were ready to participate. Sadly, the response, over several weeks, was exactly NINE posters.

BTW, it is now too late to respond to him. He did a lot of work setting it up logistically, contacting Fort Drum, getting names of soldiers, creating a mailing schedule, explaining how to best send APO packages, etc. Given the anemic response, it would not be fair to ask him to do this work again.

The first four packages are going out next week. I hope they make four young men far from home very happy.
Lots of lectures recently

Besides mail from love ones, care packages are the biggest morale booster for the troops, it was for me. I am starting to gather things to send mine out next month. Thanks again Cusetroop for putting this together and to all of you other posters who are participating. You rock!

Sorry it took this thread to get me involved. Shame on me!!

JarHeadJim said it best in his post. It is such a huge moral booster.

There may be some that already send packages. My wife and I do, as our son-in-law is on his second deployment to Afghanistan. This after one to Iraq. So this really hits close to home.

If you are not one of the nine, remember: Its never too late to do something good!!!! Never ever too late.

I can only hope CTO, Cusetroop and those that responded cause others to do it. Find someone who is deployed, find what they may want and need and send it. It is such a small effort on our part to make a huge difference for them. Its well worth the effort.

Hey, Sarasota. Would you mind shooting me a PM, or jumping to the adopt a platoon thread and give a few ideas of what you send your son in law? Thanks!

I think it would be nice to adopt more platoons in the future. My best buddy is a Sgt Major in the guard and I believe they have some troops over in the Mid East. I enjoy doing the care package deal. I had another friend that I had sent a few packages to, but he has returned.

I would think that there are a few more caring individuals on this board that might want to participate.

maybe people felt burned from donating all that money for the bowl game that seemingly went unused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom